PDA

View Full Version : Detecting , Coin roll hunting and Astronomy

batman6561
12-17-2015, 03:10 PM
My first and middle name is Bruce Wayne born in 61, hence my name on most forums. Been detecting since 2011. started with atpro then added a Garrett 2500, I lent them both out after I bought myself a retirement present. Minelab ctx 3030 . The two Garretts were sold by my then friend. Insurance money allowed me to replace the atpro.Filed Police reports and all.
Really like my 3030 after I figured it out with the new VDI numbers. Oldest coin to date is a 1852 Large cent. I also Coin roll hunt as well as coin collect. My night time Hobby is astronomy. Favorite astronomy targets are Nebulas.
My wife loves quilting so when she goes to class I go detecting at a park near by her Classes. last 9 times out found 7 rings (Two Silvers) and a copper bracelet.
I last about a hour when I get out detecting. Very Messed up back issues, the biggest being a spinal cord tumor Non cancerous but hurts like *^&%$. Joined up to post finds and read your posts. Watch Youtube during Ohio's lovely winters. Its been very mild so far. I'm interested in making my own patch (wife has embroidery machine) using batman of course. any ideals?

Tony Two-Cent
12-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Welcome to the forum, Bruce Wayne! We're glad you joined us. :yes:

Sorry to hear about your Garretts but at least you have a very nice machine now. I am envious of your CTX 3030. :envious:

Best of luck with your detecting and we are looking forward to your participation on the forum! :thumbsup02:

aloldstuff
12-17-2015, 03:27 PM
Welcome from western MA. Your doing good for 1 hour hunts. As far as your patch, make sure you have a full utility belt.

Full Metal Digger
12-17-2015, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the forum Bruce. We don't get many billionaires on here! LOL. Sounds like you are doing well in our hobby and are fully addicted. My second time CRH I bought $400 in rolled half dollars at a small town bank. 10 of those rolls had different wrappers & were completely filled with 40% and 90% halves! Even a Walker and Ben Franklin. Talk about beginner's luck!

Anyway, we have a great bunch of folks on this forum with lots of good advice and ideas. Looking forward to seeing your finds. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Digger_O'Dell
12-17-2015, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the forum from Wisconsin! It sounds like you have been doing quite well even for short 1 hour hunts, which is about all I have been doing lately due to work schedules. I also have recently upgraded to the CTX and have been amazed with the performance over single frequency machines-basically no comparison! So I am sure once you have more time with it and get the programs tweaked and dialed in, you will do even better.

groundhog53946
12-17-2015, 09:54 PM
Another welcome from Wisconsin! Sounds like your doing better than I am! I have some back issues also but my addiction keeps pulling me out everyday

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Skamaniac
12-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Welcome from Washington state. Good luck with your hunts!

leslie(nova scotia)
12-18-2015, 10:30 AM
Welcome aboard Baatman. Look forward to reading your adventures me bouy!

chief5709
12-18-2015, 12:13 PM
Welcome to the forum!

BTV Digger
12-21-2015, 11:37 AM
Welcome to the forum Bruce. Looking forward to viewing your finds and reading your posts.

John

Bucknut
12-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Welcome to the forum Batman! There is a lot of history in Ohio...I have found some of my best finds there.

badgers325
12-21-2015, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the forum Batman! There is a lot of history in Ohio...I have found some of my best finds there.

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing what the Dark Knight can find!

del
12-23-2015, 11:48 AM
Welcome to the forum Bruce , looking toward seeing what you may find with the ctx . The embroidered patch sounds very interesting and am also looking to see this as well when its all done .

Dan

OxShoeDrew
12-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Nice early retirement! You're a young man! Sorry to hear 'bout your back. We have some great Ohio members here, including Tony BellTwo and others. Welcome to the group!

Fire Fighter 43
12-31-2015, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. Sorry to hear about your back issues, I've been there several times over my career. Back problems are not fun. At least you are getting in some time swinging. Good luck and happy new year.