PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else watching the BBC comedy "Detectorists?"

Full Metal Digger
12-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Last night I watched 2 episodes on NETFLIX and really enjoyed them. There is more back-story than just metal detecting and it is very funny!

In the first episode our heroes are way out in the middle of a huge field and one of them digs up a Matchbox car (Chevrolet Corvette he reads off the bottom). He says "How does a Matchbox car end up way out here in the middle of this field?" "Who would come all they way out here just to play with toy cars?"

Tell me that hasn't been said by ALL of us at least once in our detecting careers! LOL. :lol:

del
12-18-2015, 05:19 PM
Dave , my younger Daughter watched all 6 first season episodes with me last weekend and her first reply was "this isn't like the other detecting shows " :rofl: and then she told me it actually is just about people who happen to metal detect. And that it is "kinda funny" (her words) :lol:

CTTodd
12-20-2015, 07:29 PM
It's the best show there has ever been for detecting. It's great.

lee
12-21-2015, 07:06 AM
It's the best show there has ever been for detecting. It's great.
i agree , its priceless and bloody funny :hystericallaugh:

MangoAve
12-21-2015, 08:27 AM
Awee... I couldn't find it on Hulu. I had Netflix before but now on Hulu because it updates TV shows faster. It was a funny series the ones I did get to watch.

BTV Digger
12-21-2015, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I've watched the first five episodes (still one more to go). Read BBC has contracted on a second season but don't know if (or when) a planned release date is. If Netflix stays with custom they'll come out all at once. Agree with others, a nice little series and is realistic about metal detecting (i.e. they find more junk than treasure). MD'ing is just the back story though. Love the episode where they're in the old field and keep digging Matchbox Cars. I think we've all been in a similar situation!

John

Digger_O'Dell
12-21-2015, 07:14 PM
Actually they have 2 seasons complete and the third season is up in the air last I heard. Netflix is always a ways behind on TV shows, but hoping they will have season 2 soon since season 1 was left with sort of a cliff hanger. I need something to watch during my lunch at work! :popcorn:

Buzzard
04-16-2019, 02:46 AM
Last night I watched 2 episodes on NETFLIX and really enjoyed them. There is more back-story than just metal detecting and it is very funny!

In the first episode our heroes are way out in the middle of a huge field and one of them digs up a Matchbox car (Chevrolet Corvette he reads off the bottom). He says "How does a Matchbox car end up way out here in the middle of this field?" "Who would come all they way out here just to play with toy cars?"

Tell me that hasn't been said by ALL of us at least once in our detecting careers! LOL. :lol:

can i get netflix episodes on free website?