PDA

View Full Version : Went alone this morning...

Snowy
07-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Had a good day off today. Joe worked so I went alone to my favorite swimming hole this morning and got a class ring.
I'll show ya the face, but nothing else. There are initials inside but none of the graduates on the year of the ring match. Still looking for the owner. Got a medal, an unknown, and some other stuff not pictured.

Went back out this afternoon after Joe got home and snagged a couple more things, shown in the last pic. The cross was tough. In over my head and DEEP in the sand. Took me a good 30 minutes to recover it. Had to keep coming up for air. :rolleyes:

coinnut
07-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Nice ring Donna!!! I like the way class ring's stones shine lol Makes them look like real gemstones. Maybe they are :confused: I hope you find the owner but it sounds like it's gonna be tough. Maybe you should check who didn't graduate that year and bought a ring prematurely. rofl I bet that ring made your day. thumbsup01

Lowjiber
07-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Very nice hunt Donna!!! You're turning into a water-gal. :yes:

Snowy
07-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I was excited... first all I saw was the back band part, so I thought it was gonna be a wedding band, plain, no markings, something to cash in. I dove, picked it out of the sand gently and was so excited I almost gasped for air before I got to the surface. rofl
That DID come later, with the cross, though. I couldn't get air, the weights were pulling me and I couldn't get to the ledge. Funny what thoughts go through your head in situations like that. Lot of good it does to dive with a partner ~ I'll be dead a half hour before Joe notices! and... I'm gonna die for this thing and you watch, it'll be trash! I managed to get to the ledge, though, and stood up, threw my equipment off my face and caught my breath. Thought about giving up, but figured I had gone through that much, might as well keep going. I took it easy, though, and picked at it instead of pushing myself to stay down longer to work the sand more with each dive.

John, I'm LOVING the water. I'll never give up dirt, but boy it's nice to detect when it's hot. I haven't hit any dirt since I got the CZ-21, but it doesn't mean I give up on it... just waiting for it to get cooler. Spending some time at a cottage in Sept. and gonna work a private field for two days, maybe hit the water at the cottage as well. I don't think I'll have itnernet there, but I'll have the laptop in case I get time to prep some pics and video.

pulltabsteve
07-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Thats a WOW ring for sure! :yes: I always love to find crosses and religious items. Congrats.

DESERT DOG
08-07-2010, 07:45 PM
thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01