PDA

View Full Version : Garrett's Manual Metal Detector

randwool
07-28-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm talking about the Gravity Trap Gold Panning Kit found online recently. Looks like a nice change of pace, to play in the water, since days locally have been 90+ degrees for a while. There are several area sites to go and try your luck, so we'll see what happens.

coinnut
07-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Ahhh, panning for gold lol That's what dreams are made of. :smitten: Would love to see gold in the edge of the pan, but around here all I would get is smaller rocks rofl But I bet if I lived in that area, I would be doing it for sure. I think that is the only way to get gold in streams in most places nowdays. I understand the larger industrial type units washed away too much dirt and were causing damage to the streams. Anybody out there pan for gold How 'bout some real estimates on how much gold you actually get? Or aren't you telling lol

randwool
07-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Books on the subject say even the tailings left from old abandoned mines can hold gold. That's not even counting the waste piles and such. No wonder these people are so quiet about panning. :dontknow: