PDA

View Full Version : Short late season hunt

Fire Fighter 43
12-22-2015, 01:35 PM
I had about 3 hours to kill yesterday so I headed out to a field site that once had an old farm on it. I knew there would not be much but it was a site close to home that I've wanted to check out. My first good find was a bell. I'm pretty sure it is copper and I could not find any distinguishing marks on it. The base is about the size of a half dollar. The first good coin signal was a 12-46 which turned out to be a sterling ring with turquoise stones. The next good coin signal was a 12-34 which also turned out to be a noncoin find, a flat button. One of the last signals of the day was a 12-45 and I finally had a silver coin a 1944 Merc. Shortly after the Merc I found a 25 Wheat. This hunt is what I consider a bonus hunt since my detector is usually stored for the winter this time of year. The Merc was silver coin #91 for the year. I was shooting for 100 this year and with the holidays approaching and the kids off school im not sure if I'll get out again before the new year.
Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you all.

Bucknut
12-22-2015, 02:41 PM
That's a nice hunt anytime of the year! I like the silver jewelry.

groundhog53946
12-22-2015, 04:16 PM
I'd take that kind of hunt any time!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Digger_O'Dell
12-22-2015, 11:00 PM
That looks like a spectacular hunt any day of the week! So apparently by the age of the coins you are in the right area, so likely there will be a lot more to be found there. The ring is a surprise though-looks very modern.
:wow:
I am yet to find a bell of any kind which I am hoping to find eventually. But I have my quota of wrist watches since I have found #2 this morning.

Digger Don
12-22-2015, 11:11 PM
Nice hunt & nice finds. You had an outstanding year. It seemed like every time out you dug multiple silvers.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and your family.

wisconsin digger
12-23-2015, 07:35 PM
Nice finds Jeff and a great year whether or not you find the 9 more silver. That is a great looking bell, I wish I would pickup more relics like that. great finds and great year. WD Merry Xmas as well and Happy swings for next year

BTV Digger
12-24-2015, 05:54 PM
Excellent little bell and relics. Great that we're still out hunting at Christmastime.

John

aloldstuff
12-28-2015, 07:06 PM
Nice close to home finds.....:thumbsup02:. The weather has been mostly cooperating but I fear it is going to the dark side.

MangoAve
12-29-2015, 12:38 PM
Nice hunt. Is the second stone in the ring an opal?