PDA

View Full Version : More church silver and some unexpected finds too

Digger_O'Dell
12-23-2015, 01:08 AM
Hi all,
Back to the church again Tuesday morning just going back over a section I haven't covered yet while using the 17" coil. Makes sense that I am finding more that it seems everything here is super deep-even found a recent memorial nearly a foot deep! But now I'm finding more silver and wheaties, even between iron. This time I managed to find 4 wheaties and 2 Rosies! One of the Rosies I almost missed due to being between some very close iron, but was able to find a repeatable signal and dug it.
I did manage 3 surprises. The first being an old 30-06 rifle case and the second the barrel from an old cap gun. But the biggest surprise was when I dug a beautiful deep 12-46 signal. I was really hoping for my first ever silver quarter, and when I got into the hole at first I saw a round silver edge, but as I dug more away I was a little shocked to realize I had another wrist watch!

Wednesday morning I should be able to finish my second sweep of the area. I guess after that I can only hope for a few stragglers amid the deep trash, but I think I'll need to find another "go-to" place really soon. In the afternoon, weather and x-mas shopping permitting I hope to try hunting a small historic church site the next town over. The "new" church was built in the late 1880's I think, but the original log church is on a nearby site which dates back to around 1839.

Bucknut
12-23-2015, 06:56 AM
Nice finds! Your silver quarter is only a 12-47 away! Go get it!

MangoAve
12-23-2015, 07:20 AM
Nice finds. I only picked up my first wrist watch this year. My first silver however was a silver GW 1941. You are prob picking up the finds no one else could get... dimes in-between iron.... most can't find those. So the effort gets high marks.

groundhog53946
12-23-2015, 10:43 AM
Good job hunting down the silver and Rosie's!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

wisconsin digger
12-23-2015, 07:32 PM
Nice finds Chris, its been awhile since I picked up a watch. last year seemed to be a watch year. great finds WD

Digger_O'Dell
12-23-2015, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear from experience. :)

Wednesday afternoon I managed to pull my 2nd Largie from s different site. This time an 1852#

wisconsin digger
12-23-2015, 08:13 PM
WOW 2 Largies that is fantastic. Definitely hunting some old ground. Great find can't wait for a pic. WD

aloldstuff
12-28-2015, 07:00 PM
Great hunting, getting that silver between the iron...:thumbsup02: