PDA

View Full Version : Last couple of weeks...7 silvers

Bucknut
12-23-2015, 12:35 PM
I have been taking advantage of the warmer than normal temps here in SE Michigan the last couple of weeks and been focusing on a honey hole of sorts where the city was kind enough and mowed all of the brush for me.

Yesterday during lunch I found the 1929 Buff and 3 mercs!...a rare multi silver day for me. I found the 1937S and 1944S in the same hole with 4 memorials....a bit of a strange spill but I will take it. That was my 4th silver spill in that park! In the past 4 years of hunting this place my total silver count is now 91 silver coins!

Funny thing happened when I first detected at this park 4 years ago...I met a guy detecting and he told me that he used to find lots of silvers here but the last couple years he had found no silvers. I'm glad he gave up on this place! He had a nice machine too. Makes me wonder how many silvers I would have found if I started detecting here 15 years ago.

I also have dug my first coin type set. The 1944D war nik was the last one I needed for the set...not including any errors of course.

Hope everyone can get out a time or two before the years end.

HH - Jared

wisconsin digger
12-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Great coins and congrats on completing the War Nickel set. I believe I have found over 70 in the last 4 years and know I do NOT have every one so that was a good feat. looks like we have a few more days of huntable weather before the new year. great finds WD

BTV Digger
12-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Way to go Jared. I've never found silver in quantity like that. What a great spot - 91 silvers - WOW.

John

Digger_O'Dell
12-25-2015, 05:05 AM
Great hunt for sure! Congrats on the nickel set too! Too often I wonder how hunting places here was like 15 years ago