PDA

View Full Version : First hunt in a week hi-lited by Century old silver

wisconsin digger
12-23-2015, 07:26 PM
Lot of year end stuff going on so its been a stretch since I've gotten out. Todays weather was not promising (100% chance of rain) but did manage a short hunt at a close by Church I've been hunting all summer. New signals would be tough but managed to find a small 5 foot area I definitely missed. 1st hour of the hunt produced 3 Wheaties. I found a small area I must of missed cause I quickly found 3 wheats with a fourth signal that I was sure was another wheat but this time there was a Merc at the bottom of the plug. I putzed around away from the spot only to return and get one more quite iffy signal. Great surprise in this hole as I found a pretty nice '15 "D" Barber quarter. Ran out of light but hope to get in at least 1 or 2 more hunts in before the new year. If not, this was a pretty good last hunt - 6 wheats a Merc and the Barber quarter. Keep swinging till the ground says NO. Wisconsin Digger

BTV Digger
12-24-2015, 05:51 PM
Excellent finds WD! Always a few untouched spots waiting to be detected and your day proves that for sure. My best day of the year was at a place I'd had little luck in two prior hunts.

John

Bucknut
12-24-2015, 06:22 PM
Sweet barber quarter! Congrats!

groundhog53946
12-25-2015, 02:28 AM
Nice barber! Way to go on finding those missed places

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Digger_O'Dell
12-25-2015, 04:47 AM
Great finds for a short hunt! Love those surprises on an iffy signal. Sometimes you just get a gut feeling that says dig! Congrats! :congrats:

del
12-29-2015, 03:12 PM
sweet Barber "WD" , big congrats to you !!:clapping:

aloldstuff
12-31-2015, 06:28 AM
Great short hunt in a very small area that produced fantastic finds. If this was your last hunt of the year, what a way to end the year. :thumbsup02: