PDA

View Full Version : New to metal detecting

SRALAT
12-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Hi All,

I'm new to metal detecting and I can clearly see why people get hooked on this :grin:. My wife bought me a MD-3010II and I did my first sweep of my yard and I found a bunch of crap but I love it :clapping:. Hope to learn more from this forum.

Elias.

del
12-27-2015, 03:09 PM
Hello Elias and welcome to American Detectorist , Pennsylvania has some great old history . I wish you the best in this hobby and I'm glad you joined up !!

Dan

Jeff (or)
12-27-2015, 07:11 PM
Hey Elias, this is the best sport in the world! You are in line for a whole lot of fun and enjoyment. Take it a little slow at first, learn your detector, read and then read your manual so you understand it inside and out. If you have any questions, just ask, someone on here will be able to help. Jeff

Digger_O'Dell
12-27-2015, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the forum! As Del said, Pa. has a lot of history so there should be almost no end to the possibilities. I have never heard of an MD-3010II before. It looks like a Chinese knockoff of the Garret Ace 250? I think everyone will agree that once that detecting bug bites it's an endless quest for that next big find. Good luck and happy hunting!

Full Metal Digger
12-27-2015, 08:09 PM
Welcome Elias. You have joined a great forum (IMO). Lots of great advice and sage knowledge here. Like you, we all started with a beginner's detector and once the treasure bug bit us and we got more experience, we upgraded. I would recommend watching YouTube videos to help with the learning curve. I know it helped me quite a bit. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

aloldstuff
12-28-2015, 05:28 AM
Welcome from western MA. Your state is loaded with history and I hope you find your fair share. Looking forward to seeing your finds and reading your stories.

groundhog53946
12-31-2015, 10:55 AM
Hello from Wisconsin! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your finds

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Digger Don
12-31-2015, 12:44 PM
Hi and welcome from Northern Illinois.
You think your hooked now? Wait until you find your first silver. LOL
Glad you found us!

Fire Fighter 43
12-31-2015, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the forum and hobby from SE Wisconsin. That is a nice gift from your wife, GL and happy new year.