PDA

View Full Version : New from MA

RobW
07-29-2010, 12:16 PM
I was fortunate enough to meet the ledgendary Angel in the flesh a few months ago at a site we were both hitting. I also had the pleasure of meeting John at the same site over a few weeks. We pulled some great stuff out of there. Angel told me about this site and I've been following it for awhile, but I finally decided to join up. I've been hunting for about 20yrs. I started of in TN civil war relic hunting, then someone broke into my car and stole my 2 detectors. So I was out for awhile. I moved north about 9 yrs ago. I picked the hobby back up about 3 yrs ago. I hunt with a Garret 1350, love it! I started with a White's detector, but after relic hunting with another guy who had a Garret MAster Hunter who just followed behind me picking up more stuff than I was finding, I changed and haven't looked back.

del
07-29-2010, 12:24 PM
well hello Rob and welcome to the forum , its great to have another experienced detectorist here . i bet you miss the relic hunting down south , huh and would love to see some of the items you've recovered .

Dan

RobW
07-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Dan, enjoyed your article on cellars. Something we don't have down south, opens my mind to possibilities up here in Yankee country. I have changed from relic hunting to coinshooting since moving. I have found that I actually enjoy it more. It also helps with the wife who gets a bit frustrated at me for taking her kitchen counter over after an outing to clean things up. I tell her at least I have a hobby that makes money instead of just forking it out. If I were to come home with what she deems junk all the time, my life would be a bit harder.

angellionel
07-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Legendary? :confused: Only in my own mind, and only while having one of my wild detecting dreams. lol Thank you, though, Rob! :yes:

It's great to have you join us. thumbsup01 We have a great group of fellow detectorists here, and we do learn from each other's experience and knowledge. Welcome aboard!

coinnut
07-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Welcome Rob from another Massachusetts guy. Don't worry, I survived a couple of hunts with Angel lol After a couple of days off, it doesn't hurt as bad :cheesysmile: Can't wait to see what you find. Look around and have some fun admiring the things everyone else is finding. We have a gallery section (Media) that is to drool for lol

Epi-hunter
08-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Hi Rob, a bit late but welcome thumbsup01 Glad to have you!

Ill Digger
08-04-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm a bit late also ,but....
Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois :grin:

zrickkid
08-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Welcome to the forum from suburban Chicago! ;)