PDA

View Full Version : MXT All Pro

Robert Steponaitis
12-29-2015, 09:12 PM
Got an MXT All Pro for Christmas and needed some help. Is there a way to make it so that you dont have to hear the iron?

del
12-29-2015, 10:44 PM
I believe there is Robert but i'm just not very familiar with the machine , I do believe Dave and Todd run theirs in two tone though. I'll see if I can get either one of them gentlemen to comment here.

Dan

MangoAve
12-30-2015, 08:11 AM
....The two tone as Dan said is the relic mode. Rejected targets below the discriminate setting give a low tone (or grunt) and anything above the discriminate setting are a higher tone. The music notes button can change it to all iron, regardless of the dual control knob (discriminate) setting, or completely block iron and hear only 1 tone for accepted targets. It seems with the coin & jewelry mode that there are two settings. (Up to) seven tones based upon the dual (discriminate) control knob setting, or the music notes off which gives 1 tone for all accepted targets. Ill have to say it is not my machine either, but I can still read the manual at least and tell you from such. My Tpro is similar, with the exception of no dual control knobs. I still hear a click or grunt for iron even in coin & jewelry mode. I think if you do cellars, you want to at least have some indication to tell you where iron is so you can determine the active areas. I just have the option of 4 or 8 tones besides the iron grunt. Check pages 12 and 14 of the manual. Hope it helps.

Isaac
12-30-2015, 08:55 AM
....The two tone as Dan said is the relic mode. Rejected targets below the discriminate setting give a low tone (or grunt) and anything above the discriminate setting are a higher tone. The music notes button can change it to all iron, regardless of the dual control knob (discriminate) setting, or completely block iron and hear only 1 tone for accepted targets. It seems with the coin & jewelry mode that there are two settings. (Up to) seven tones based upon the dual (discriminate) control knob setting, or the music notes off which gives 1 tone for all accepted targets. Ill have to say it is not my machine either, but I can still read the manual at least and tell you from such. My Tpro is similar, with the exception of no dual control knobs. I still hear a click or grunt for iron even in coin & jewelry mode. I think if you do cellars, you want to at least have some indication to tell you where iron is so you can determine the active areas. I just have the option of 4 or 8 tones besides the iron grunt. Check pages 12 and 14 of the manual. Hope it helps.

Excellent response, that explains it for me as well. Thanks!