PDA

View Full Version : Dick Stout

del
12-30-2015, 04:33 PM
Dick Stout, long time detectorist, author and founder of the FMDAC (Federation of Metal Detector and Archeological Clubs) lost his home to a tornado the day after Christmas . He and his wife Faye and their pets thankfully escaped harm but are left with what personal items they can recover from the debris . Mr. Stout is a member of this forum and we here at American Detectorist just want to send our thoughts and prayers out to him and Faye , Dave Wise (HEAVYMETALNUT) has opened up a gofundme page to help them both out with some of the costs. If anyone would like to help out the link to the page is here.

https://www.gofundme.com/kjgft9fw

Full Metal Digger
12-30-2015, 04:37 PM
Thanks for posting this Del.

Fire Fighter 43
12-31-2015, 02:08 PM
Here is an update from Dick's blog.

"Just want to take a minute or two to thank you all for your well wishes, prayers and concerns. Fay and I, and the dogs, are hanging in there and doing all the things tornado victims do. Salvaging whatever we can, filing insurance claims, cancelling services and trying to pretend the coming months will be easy. I will share more when I can, but do know that I love you all and will never forget your caring about me and my family. You are the best.....
Despite what we've been through, we are walking, talking, living and breathing and because of that we WILL have a Happy New Year! Hope you all will too and please have one for me....."

del
12-31-2015, 02:19 PM
Jeff , Thanks for posting an update .

MI Detectors
12-31-2015, 11:47 PM
Ohhhh that's awful! Hope all is going to be OK, at least everyone is safe.