PDA

View Full Version : not so tough

dirtyknees
12-31-2015, 11:57 AM
tried to detect this morning got a good signal and started to dig but my fingers got cold and I filled the hole back in. ill go back if the sun comes out. I'm leaving for the south mid January ill try it in Florida for a couple of months.

wisconsin digger
12-31-2015, 01:55 PM
Nice to be able to continue the hunting in warmer climates. I have to hibernate for 3 months. WD

Digger_O'Dell
01-01-2016, 02:37 PM
I have no plans to hibernate this winter despite the cold of snow. I was digging until the snow came, and now have switched to water detecting as of new years eve. Went to the main beach on Lake Michigan and was chest deep when I realized I apparently drew a crowd of onlookers, some taking pics or video. My friend was watching from shore and someone asked if she saw the nut job in the lake. She said yes, she was with me. Lots of fun though! Learning a few things I didn't count on like ice buildup on my scoop handle being slippery, and about finding targets in murky water.

MangoAve
01-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Lmao. Idk how I managed to get out the past two days. For some reason my left boot takes on water. It's supposed to be waterproof. My hands were fine yesterday, but even tho the ground under the leaves looked just normal, the wet snow on top caused the dirty to mud up and cake on my gloves. They were wet today still. I was fine, except for the two worst extremities. Hands and feet. I'm gonna look at more boots tomorrow.

I did manage some relics which I shall post soon. Prob gonna get a hunt or two more while I got the time off work. The part I'm surprised at was today how I managed a button piece. A crescent shape with some back marking in the midst of the iron 20 or 30 ft west of the cellar. Not a full button...just a tiny piece.