PDA

View Full Version : First Hunt of 2016 - An awesome token, some wheats, and some unknown objects?

relichunterryan
01-03-2016, 11:08 PM
Went out of town to Augusta, GA and detected for two days. I had some fun but wasn't too thrilled that each school I went to was hunted out :(

Found some house sites in an older area, didn't have any info on them--I just stumbled upon them. I start digging wheats right away, but they're 1-3 inches down. Pretty surprising to say the least. A few minutes, I pulled out possibly one of my favorite finds so far--a token that celebrated the 10th ann. of the Chrysler Car! I thought this was incredibly neat and was the coolest thing I found on the trip. In the end of the day, I dug some wheats and the token, and a few objects. I have sadly been on the worst silver drought in a while :( I've been to several sites and haven't pulled a silver, yet wheats come out. Oh well, that doesn't stop me. ;)

Also, the 38 wheat just had a nice eye appeal to me :P. I like when they come out of the ground looking like that

Anyone ID the knob looking thing and the other weird thing?

Digger_O'Dell
01-04-2016, 12:01 AM
Very nice finds! The one piece looks like a gas petcock from the old gas lights. The handle looks really familiar but I can't quite place it.

groundhog53946
01-04-2016, 07:44 AM
Congrats on the wheat finds! Car token is pretty cool also

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

MangoAve
01-04-2016, 07:52 AM
Nice token

The one piece looks like a gas petcock from the old gas lights.

...That's what I was thinking. Or for an early gas stove. The other knob I don't quite know.

aloldstuff
01-04-2016, 10:59 AM
really love that Chrysler tag....:congrats:. I have to agree that one of the items is a petcock to a gas item.