PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Bearbqd
01-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Hi all, I didn't even know about this site. I was inquiring as to where Epi-Hunter might be on the gometaldetecting forum and someone pointed me here. Looks like a great board Epi.

Tony Two-Cent
01-06-2016, 10:46 AM
Howdy and welcome from Illinois! :waving:

This forum has been going strong for over six years now. We have some wonderful members here who love history and metal detecting.

We're glad you joined us, Bearbqd! :yes:

del
01-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Howdy Bearbqd , its been a long time ;) yeah we're the site none of the other sites like to talk about :lol::lolsign: as we usually have way more fun than them :bananadance:. Welcome to our forum Bearbqd , glad you made it over here :yes:

Dan

Digger Don
01-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Welcome from Northern Illinois. Glad you found us.
There's a lot of great people here.

GA1dad
01-06-2016, 04:28 PM
Bearbqd?? That username wouldn't be referencing BBQ in some way would it?

aloldstuff
01-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Welcome from western MA. Looking forward to your participation here, we all love to see each others finds.

Bearbqd
01-06-2016, 06:54 PM
Bearbqd?? That username wouldn't be referencing BBQ in some way would it?
lol, yes it would. My real name is Barry, my nickname my whole life is Bear. One time when we went bowling, we were putting our names up on the board and were putting in silly names. I added bqd to my nickname and it kind of stuck ever since. AND coincidently, as I'm writing this, I'm at Karaoke with my wife and about to order two pounds worth of a huge rack of BBQ ribs. Yummm

Also, thanks for the warm welcome. Look forward to sharing some great finds with you.

Digger_O'Dell
01-06-2016, 09:19 PM
Welcome from Wisconsin Bear! As was said, this is a great forum with great members and a lot of activity. I've been to some of the other forums and see things like the most recent post was more than 30 days ago. :shocked01: Lots of good information here and people always ready to help or impart their knowledge. Looking forward to seeing some photos and reading about your adventures! GL&HH

GA1dad
01-06-2016, 10:47 PM
lol, yes it would. My real name is Barry, my nickname my whole life is Bear. One time when we went bowling, we were putting our names up on the board and were putting in silly names. I added bqd to my nickname and it kind of stuck ever since. AND coincidently, as I'm writing this, I'm at Karaoke with my wife and about to order two pounds worth of a huge rack of BBQ ribs. Yummm

Also, thanks for the warm welcome. Look forward to sharing some great finds with you.

Very cool,,, my other hobby is judging BBQ cook-offs. Being a certified judge is hard work,,, but somebody has to do it. :grin:

Digger_O'Dell
01-06-2016, 11:52 PM
,,, my other hobby is judging BBQ cook-offs. Being a certified judge is hard work,,,

Had some BBQ once down in the South that I swear the sauce was just concentrated Ghost peppers or Carolina Reapers mashed and roasted. One bite and I was hallucinating for an hour!

Bearbqd
01-07-2016, 06:52 AM
Lol, digger. I just bought some hot sauce called flash bang that is made from four of the hottest peppers in the world including those.

Digger_O'Dell
01-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Lol, digger. I just bought some hot sauce called flash bang that is made from four of the hottest peppers in the world including those.

I have a bottle of hot sauce (extract) called "The Source" which is 7.1 Million scoville. Great stuff for chili cookoffs, or just to spice things up a bit! :shocked03:

Epi-hunter
01-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Hi all, I didn't even know about this site. I was inquiring as to where Epi-Hunter might be on the gometaldetecting forum and someone pointed me here. Looks like a great board Epi.

Hey Bearbqd! It's been a long time!! Glad you made your way over here. Thanks for remembering me! Oh - the credit for creating the board and home page mostly goes to Angel; he designed/set it up.

I wish I could say that I've been detecting a lot recently, but Life has gotten in the way, particularly the last couple of months. But 2016 is going to be different :happydance01:I hope you are doing well!

Bearbqd
01-08-2016, 06:52 AM
There's Epi! Glad you remembered me too. Don't feel bad about not swinging the coil enough. I hadn't detected in over a year before I recently got back into it about a month and a half ago. Believe me, I understand about life getting in the way. I had many other things occupying my time and interests. I didn't even look at any forum sites like this for over a year either cuz I knew it would just make me frustrated that I wasn't out there digging great stuff myself. But, I'm definitely making more time for it now and it's been great to get back at it again. I hope you find more time for it as well in 2016.

Bearbqd
01-08-2016, 06:55 AM
I have a bottle of hot sauce (extract) called "The Source" which is 7.1 Million scoville. Great stuff for chili cookoffs, or just to spice things up a bit! :shocked03:7.1 million??? That's insane.....I think the Carolina reaper itself is only like 2.2 million by itself (ONLY I say, lol). Somehow they manage to get way more from the capsaicin extraction though. That's enough to melt your face.