PDA

View Full Version : State of the Detectorist Union Address

leslie(nova scotia)
01-06-2016, 01:54 PM
Brethren of the coil. The year 2015 saw our rank and file swell as our global community expanded. As members of this universal fraternity it is our sworn duty to welcome, support and educate newbies to the nuances of evolving into a full fledged digaholic. Let not pride, prejudice nor our preconceived notions bar us from this quest.
Take a moment to consider the ramifications of not adhering to this principle. Chaos. Utter chaos! Neanderthal newbies foraging federally protected sites, digging up private property without consent; leaving holes with no remorse. The neophytes of our great past time must be nurtured, no indoctrinated to the code of ethics least we all suffer the consequences.
For the veterans let this be a year of revitalization of the kindred spirit of the young boy seeking that buried pirate treasure. A year of reuniting with friends, hunting buddies and local clubs. A year of reciprocation. Giving back to this great hobby that has touched each and every one of it's practitioners in a positive light. God protect and give us guidance in this life long pursuit.

Cheap Thrills
01-06-2016, 04:05 PM
:shocked04: Neanderthal ..............what chew talkin bout Willis ? :lol:

Digger_O'Dell
01-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Here Here-I'll toast to that! :beerbuddy:

:shocked04: Neanderthal ..............what chew talkin bout Willis ? :lol:
Too funny!

Lodge Scent
01-07-2016, 10:01 AM
Chaos. Utter chaos! Neanderthal newbies foraging federally protected sites, digging up private property without consent; leaving holes with no remorse. The neophytes of our great past time must be nurtured, no indoctrinated to the code of ethics least we all suffer the consequences.

When you say the misbehaving neophytes should be indoctrinated, if that includes wrapping their detectors around their necks, then I am all for it. ;)

The Rebel
01-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Nicely said Leslie! All the best to all in 2016!

OxShoeDrew
01-24-2016, 01:03 PM
Nicely said Leslie! All the best to all in 2016!Yep...Thanks, Les!

Skamaniac
01-28-2016, 11:48 AM
"Brethren of The Coil" ... I might have to start using that!

Ill Digger
01-31-2016, 06:48 PM
Here, here!! I'll second that! :beerbuddy:
Here's to a great season "brothern of the coil"!

Recon
02-22-2016, 08:28 PM
Brethren of the coil. The year 2015 saw our rank and file swell as our global community expanded. As members of this universal fraternity it is our sworn duty to welcome, support and educate newbies to the nuances of evolving into a full fledged digaholic. Let not pride, prejudice nor our preconceived notions bar us from this quest.
Take a moment to consider the ramifications of not adhering to this principle. Chaos. Utter chaos! Neanderthal newbies foraging federally protected sites, digging up private property without consent; leaving holes with no remorse. The neophytes of our great past time must be nurtured, no indoctrinated to the code of ethics least we all suffer the consequences.
For the veterans let this be a year of revitalization of the kindred spirit of the young boy seeking that buried pirate treasure. A year of reuniting with friends, hunting buddies and local clubs. A year of reciprocation. Giving back to this great hobby that has touched each and every one of it's practitioners in a positive light. God protect and give us guidance in this life long pursuit.
I am qualified to answer for all the newbies having had my first and new detector for a week now AND just recently got my DNA test back and yes... I have confirmed Neanerthal genes in me. To bring a little hope to all your worried souls, I have not left my yard nor even the woods behind my house pockmarked with unfilled holes. I found 11 coins my first day in my yard, but nothing older than 1972. Out in my woods I have found lots of nails, foil, a few small .22 bullets and a .32 four ring wadcutter. I have the bug, I have a plan, I have spent hours researching both detectors, laws, best practices and sites. I hope to 'one day' join the ranks of your Grand Ol' Fraternity and call myself a Detectorist. But for now I'll happily be a newbie gettin dirty almost daily and trying to understand what my detector is telling me. Quick question: what does silver sound like? [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk