PDA

View Full Version : I met Agnes, Mabel and Beckie,,,,, twice!!!!

GA1dad
01-10-2016, 09:09 PM
Some finds from the last week or so. The 3 Merry Widows can was on my bucket-list,,, and so was the stirrup. I've also got my first ring for the year. It's a junker, but hey,, it's a ring.

del
01-10-2016, 09:47 PM
a stirrup in on my list still , congrats on the cool relics GA1dad :clapping:

Digger_O'Dell
01-10-2016, 10:00 PM
Very interesting finds-I just hope the stirrup and the Merry Widow tins weren't being used at the same time! :lol:

MangoAve
01-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Nice. I haven't seen any 3 merry widows posted about until I found one. Lol. I'm not trying to say I am the avant-garde or the trendsetter... but I could be? ;):lol: I just know mine rang like a lower mid tone and I knew it wasn't iron and near the lip at a cellar and I had the DD coil and I was sure gonna dig it as it wasn't iron and ever since I found one there have been a quite a few found. I can't tell you how many of those splitting wedges I have found. The number is prob up there to axe heads. Add another two axe heads to my count as of this Saturday. That's because I go to places that happen to have been logged often in the early 1900s apparently.

Lodge Scent
01-13-2016, 10:45 AM
Nice finds ! People always get a kick when you show them your Merry Widows tins. I've had several folks say "they had condoms back then?"

BTV Digger
01-14-2016, 09:50 AM
Nice variety of finds. I've only seen a few stirrups come out of the ground and I've yet to dig one personally.

John