PDA

View Full Version : new coil for 705 minelab

plugger
01-10-2016, 10:15 PM
I am wanting to get a new dd coil for my 705 x terra and was wondering if any of you can give me ideas on the best for relics and coins thanks

Digger_O'Dell
01-10-2016, 10:40 PM
I have a 705 with several DD coils. The Minelab 7.5 KHz coil is pretty good, but for overall performance and versatility you may want to consider the NEL multi frequency line of coils. Those you can use at any of the 3 frequencies the 705 uses by turning off power and turning it back on within 3 seconds which will toggle to the next frequency in line. I have the 15" attack and the 12.5" X 8.5" Hunter coil. The 15" running 3KHz is the deepest and can reach 24" plus deep on large coin size targets. The Hunter coil is still plenty deep, but has good separation and can more easily get around and between tighter areas such as corn rows or trees.

As a side note, I may be persuaded to part with one or several of my coils since I upgraded to a CTX now. The NEL coils I only had about a week before I found the CTX deal I couldn't pass up and have only had a few hours use.

plugger
01-11-2016, 08:15 AM
I have a 705 with several DD coils. The Minelab 7.5 KHz coil is pretty good, but for overall performance and versatility you may want to consider the NEL multi frequency line of coils. Those you can use at any of the 3 frequencies the 705 uses by turning off power and turning it back on within 3 seconds which will toggle to the next frequency in line. I have the 15" attack and the 12.5" X 8.5" Hunter coil. The 15" running 3KHz is the deepest and can reach 24" plus deep on large coin size targets. The Hunter coil is still plenty deep, but has good separation and can more easily get around and between tighter areas such as corn rows or trees.

As a side note, I may be persuaded to part with one or several of my coils since I upgraded to a CTX now. The NEL coils I only had about a week before I found the CTX deal I couldn't pass up and have only had a few hours use.

what kind of price you have on the hunter coil

Digger_O'Dell
01-11-2016, 08:40 PM
PM sent