PDA

View Full Version : Headphones - What do you use?

Digger Don
01-24-2016, 04:04 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my headphones this year. My Garrett headphones are finally wearing out.

I was wondering what you guys use and how you like them?

Thanks

Full Metal Digger
01-24-2016, 04:36 PM
You know me Don, I'm old school. I use a tin can and string connected to my e-trac. :-). Actually I bought a pair of those minelab UR-30 headphones on eBay. They're not cheap. I think I found mine for about $60 and thought that was a pretty good deal.

GA1dad
01-24-2016, 06:41 PM
Jolly Rogers for the last few months. I like them okay. In the summer they sealed so tight against my ears it pulled a vacuum on my eardrums when I would sweat. I made some cloth covers and that solved that. Other than that, I like the cheap $22 lightweight Garrett's. I'm curious about the Grey Ghosts too,,,,

Digger_O'Dell
01-24-2016, 07:56 PM
I actually have several sets. I have the grey ghost underwater ones for my CTX, and the good Koss ones that were included with my X-Terra. I'm not too fond of the Grey Ghost, but I can see where they would be good with water hunting. The Koss have great sound but I really hate the straight cord and I always get snagged with it.

In my opinion the best are the Detector Pro Black Widow headphones. They are pricey at $135, but the sound is phenomenal! The volume is really loud so I have to keep them turned down, but it has been handy in really noisy places such as along busy highways-even heavy trucks going by at 60MPH didn't drown these out. They are sort of bulky, but that's due to the bigger speakers and thick padding that forms a good seal and are very comfortable. They have 2 toggle switches on the side-one for on/off and the other is a volume limiter so you don't blow your ears to the next county when you run your coil over that big silver dollar or buried Edsel. ;) The cord has a 90 degree connector which I like as it keeps down the profile when using my wireless module in my pocket. Some complain that the cord seems too short, but I found it to be perfect in my case and I rarely ever get snagged on anything any more.

Well, that's my 2 cents worth-hope it helps!

Digger Don
01-24-2016, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the advice guys

Lodge Scent
01-25-2016, 02:45 PM
I use the ultra light cordless backphones with my Deus. With my DFX, I have the one-eared Rattler head phones. I am usually out in the woods so I don't need insulation from background traffic though.

OxShoeDrew
01-25-2016, 05:55 PM
I've never used headphones, to the consternation of my partners :lol: ....but lately I've started trying it ...and am starting to like it. This info doesn't help you at all, so I'll shut up now :lol:

Lodge Scent
01-26-2016, 05:24 PM
I've never used headphones, to the consternation of my partners :lol: ....

So that wasn't a rutting bull elk that I was hearing last time we went detecting Drew ?

OxShoeDrew
01-26-2016, 06:28 PM
So that wasn't a rutting bull elk that I was hearing last time we went detecting Drew ?
:lol:
nope, just large iron grunts!

POKIE73
02-18-2016, 10:10 PM
i am lucky i still have the old radio shack headphones for the e trac cordless it would be hard to go withouit them they are almost impossible to find anymore

lee
02-18-2016, 11:01 PM
my cordless rapoo"s are great.....and dead cheap

Tony Two-Cent
02-19-2016, 08:25 AM
Santa brought me a new pair of Gray Ghost deep woods headphones and I really like them a lot! They fit snugly and don't move around on my head, and they also block outside noise a lot better.