PDA

View Full Version : Lots of goodies: Coins, Buttons, and more!

relichunterryan
01-24-2016, 07:54 PM
Finally decided not to be lazy for once and make a post on here. These are things I have dug recently and haven't posted on here :)

This is all from one spot, which is a bulldozed house in town that I've been hitting since August. It was believed to be built in the 1920's, and apparently had Civil War activity on there.

The coins include: Several Wheat cents, an Indian Head Cent from 1906, and the first silver of the year, a 1917 Mercury Dime.

The buttons include: A WWI-WWII button, still not exactly sure since it's my first. Then today, I found my very first Civil War button. A South Carolina State Button. :grin::grin: I was freaking out! The makers mark is "SCOVILL MFG. CO. WATERBURY." It was right next to a zinc penny I dug, and this signal was no different. I dug it because it was pretty shallow. DIG EVERYTHING.

HH!

Digger_O'Dell
01-24-2016, 07:58 PM
WOW, Congrats on the great finds! You have a whole lot of history in that one spot, and I expect you will likely find a whole lot more. Congrats! :wow:

del
01-25-2016, 02:30 AM
Hey thanks posting :thumbsup02: I can relate about being lazy at times but sometimes you just gotta show off them nice things you find :yes: congrats on the coins and your fist silver for the year :cheering:. I love the SC state button :loveit: great find !!

Dan

BTV Digger
01-25-2016, 05:27 PM
Great nab on the SC state button and silver #1 of the year. Definitely have to dig everything at a site like that.

John

relichunterryan
01-25-2016, 07:05 PM
Thank you all! :) Hoping for a better year!