PDA

View Full Version : Another old farm house hunt

Ill Digger
08-01-2010, 01:15 AM
My buddy Earl & I went and checked out a old farm house today, that belongs to some of his family . I had a first for me....YES FINALLY!!! <: :happydance01:
I also had a few other good finds. Earl didn't seem to do as well. But we plan on going back tomarrow, so hopefully he'll have better luck then.
Here's the video I shot. There's 2 parts.
Metal Detectin' with Ill Digger Mid 1800's farm house (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8UKmU:clapping:boxing:tU#)
Metal Detectin' with Ill Digger Mid 1800's farm house Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFhSPmO847Y#)
Thanks for lookin' & HH :grin:

catskillcomics
08-01-2010, 05:44 AM
Great hunt in my book... I forgot what Mid-western dirt look like, nice dark,soft digging dirt... The LC looks to be in great condition.. Congrats!!! :cheering:
and the silver was a great too...

coinnut
08-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Well glad the whining is finally over lol Nice copper, and look, just add a loop and it's ready for a chain around your neck. Couldn't ask for better thumbsup01 You had a great hunt and found some good coins. Even that presidential token is cool. Probably from Shell Gas and from the 50's/60's. You owe Earl big time rofl

angellionel
08-01-2010, 10:05 PM
That was funny about the whining. lol Very good hunt, picking up some nice coins. The large cent sure is pretty! :smitten: Congrats!

Epi-hunter
08-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Very nice hunt!! I too have forgotten what midwestern dirt looked like :)

Ill Digger
08-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Great hunt in my book... I forgot what Mid-western dirt look like, nice dark,soft digging dirt... The LC looks to be in great condition.. Congrats!!! :cheering:
and the silver was a great too...

Very nice hunt!! I too have forgotten what midwestern dirt looked like :)
Thanks guys ! The ground was powder a week ago.We've got about 10 or 11 inches of rain since, and the ground is great for diggin' right now!!

Well glad the whining is finally over lol Nice copper, and look, just add a loop and it's ready for a chain around your neck. Couldn't ask for better thumbsup01 You had a great hunt and found some good coins. Even that presidential token is cool. Probably from Shell Gas and from the 50's/60's. You owe Earl big time rofl

That was funny about the whining. lol Very good hunt, picking up some nice coins. The large cent sure is pretty! :smitten: Congrats!

OK no more :crying02: or crying01 OK? :angelic: I'll stop :beatdeadhorse: now.
lol
George if I wore it around my neck,with my luck I'd lose it!!
Yeah I owe Earl big time all right 8/
Thanks everyone :grin:

CTDirtFisher
08-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Great hunt! Thx for taking us along... Was nice to sit here sippin my monday morning coffee and detecting though your video :-)

Paul

del
08-02-2010, 03:10 PM
great hunt , unless you were Earl lol lol i have a good feeling he'll have his day soon though :yes: ;) i think ya atleast owe him a round of :beerbuddy: for turning you on to a spot like that , your the man Earl. great looking large cent congrats , i believe that was an error year coin so check it out good . very enjoyable videos , nicely done.lots of area there to tie you guys over for some time :peace:.

Dan

pulltabsteve
08-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Love the LC! Great video. I have to find the time and patience to make one soon... Great hunt :happydance01:

tanacat
08-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I'll have to come back and watch your vids- but congrats on what looks like a nice looking LC! Haven't seen ya in a while. (I just back from vacay w/out internet access...)

milco
08-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Congrats on the LC! That's awesome as they're just not found that often here in the Midwest. Very nice videos!

Beefcake
08-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Awesome hunt Tim! A friend of mine is planning on buying a V3 and I can't wait to do a side by side hunt with him. Glad to see our ET's are still producing!

Cheap Thrills
08-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Congrats on your first Large Cent and your other nice finds . Nice job on the videos also . thumbsup01
Tell Earl I feel his pain :( .

Baba

DESERT DOG
08-09-2010, 03:35 PM
awesome video cool find thumbsup01 thumbsup01

tanacat
08-10-2010, 11:59 AM
:cheering: Your first LC!!! I'd forgotten you hadn't found one yet! Yayyy :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: Congrats on your other finds too.

Love your videos as usual... finally got some time to watch them. Oh the suspense as you were about to check out your SLQ, I mean Washington lol I hate it when that happens...

xzlr8n
08-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Looked like lots of fun was had except by Earl :-\. Kind of feel sorry for him as I own a V3 too :dontknow:. Congrats on finding your first Lg Cent and all the silver :drool:.