PDA

View Full Version : Back to the new spot this morning

pulltabsteve
08-01-2010, 09:19 AM
This morning I went to a different area. Seems like the area I was in yesterday was the older spot. Today I dug a 1974 Kennedy Half, a 58 wheat and a Silver bracelet. The half was a fun find. I think I only found 1 other in the past 6 years.

angellionel
08-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Those half dollars sure are fun to find. :smitten: I like that bracelet too. Is it marked 'sterling'?

Epi-hunter
08-01-2010, 11:51 PM
This morning I went to a different area. Seems like the area I was in yesterday was the older spot. Today I dug a 1974 Kennedy Half, a 58 wheat and a Silver bracelet. The half was a fun find. I think I only found 1 other in the past 6 years.

The half dollars are definitely fun finds! :yes: Congrats on a very productive day :)

pulltabsteve
08-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Those half dollars sure are fun to find. :smitten: I like that bracelet too. Is it marked 'sterling'?

The funny thing is its marked Silver and also 925. But I cleaned it up and it looks more like gold.Maybe its gold plated? I thought plated jewelry had a GP on it? I'll take it to the club meeting next week and have it checked.

angellionel
08-02-2010, 03:13 PM
The funny thing is its marked Silver and also 925. But I cleaned it up and it looks more like gold.Maybe its gold plated? I thought plated jewelry had a GP on it? I'll take it to the club meeting next week and have it checked.

I don't recall seeing both markings either. :thinkingabout: I have seen 'sterling' and '925' together though. :yes: That really is a very nice find.

pulltabsteve
08-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Cool site I came across while researching the bracelet.
http://www.925-1000.com/index.html

moseng
08-03-2010, 01:11 AM
Looks like some good finds! Thanks for the link too!

RobW
08-03-2010, 03:49 PM
I always have to laugh a bit at ourselves over the other odd things we pick up and put in our pouches. Glad to see it's not just me. (Speaking of the golf ball and other things I see from other people's findings)

pulltabsteve
08-03-2010, 05:03 PM
I always have to laugh a bit at ourselves over the other odd things we pick up and put in our pouches. Glad to see it's not just me. (Speaking of the golf ball and other things I see from other people's findings)

The golf ball VDId at a FORE :grin: