PDA

View Full Version : Northern MA & Southern NH help

badgers325
02-07-2016, 10:00 AM
Hi all,

Later this Spring/early Summer, I am traveling to Rowley MA area for work and will be bringing my detector with me to show my vendor's 9 year old son the ways of MDing. His family is not interested whatsoever, so I told the father that I would bring mine and show him the proper ways of doing things. Any good areas or advice you would have? Even if it is just clad coins. I was thinking about the beaches and local parks, but any other suggestions would be great. My vendor lives just inside New Hampshire off Hwy 1.

Thanks for any help, I would appreciate it. Feel free to PM me as well.

del
02-07-2016, 04:26 PM
anywhere would be fine to show him ( a park , school or home lawn) just emphasize the importance of clean plugs and covering your holes nicely . That most people don't know a lot about our hobby and when you or him are out at these places in a way you or him represent the rest of us hobbyists , so keep it positive to the public.

badgers325
02-08-2016, 09:00 AM
That is what I definitely want to do. Just make sure he respects the hobby and teach him the correct ways of doing things. Thanks for confirming what I plan on doing.

del
02-08-2016, 01:49 PM
if you get some "free time" take advantage of detecting out this way in the spring , its one of the best times of the year in New England . maybe there is a member or two out that way that can take you to a couple of spots badgers325.

Dan

badgers325
02-08-2016, 05:12 PM
I plan on taking a 1/2 day or so as long as I am out there. When history in WI is mid 1800s, going somewhere that has history dating 200 years earlier just makes me giddy. I am open to meeting with someone.