PDA

View Full Version : Chicago park hunt & Suburban Door Knocking

Digger Don
02-07-2016, 04:10 PM
I met up with a couple of friends Saturday morning to hunt a Chicago park. When we got there, the ground was still pretty frozen :frozen:. I was able to chisel out a nice old Tavern Token. We decided to call it a day around 2:00. On the way home, My friend Tim & I decided to try a little February door knocking. Why not, all they can do is say no. Right? The first house we asked said YES. Plus he got us in next door as well. They were small yards but produced nicely. Tim got a Rosie/Washington spill and 11 wheats. I dug a 1952 Rosie, a 1936 Buffalo and 10 wheats.
Sunday Morning I went back to the Chicago park for a few hours With Alec & Hiluxyota. Alec dug a few wheats and i dug an 1891 indian.
Not Bad for the middle of winter!!

Full Metal Digger
02-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Great finds Don. That IHC is about as nice as they come! I'm trying to get time off in late March for a road trip up your way. More to come I'm sure. HH, Dave.

Digger Don
02-07-2016, 05:55 PM
Great finds Don. That IHC is about as nice as they come! I'm trying to get time off in late March for a road trip up your way. More to come I'm sure. HH, Dave.

Thanks Dave.
Alec and i are going to be in Connecticut the last week of March.
My wife booked us a room for four nights so we can detect out there.
Xmas present. I think we are leaving here on the 25th.
I hope we can get together before or after.

Ill Digger
02-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Sunday Morning I went back to the Chicago park for a few hours ....
Oh man!! I wish I knew that you guys went out this morning! I would've meet up with you guys for sure! I've been itching to get back out there...
Nice bag of keepers for February!!
Congrats guys! 😁[emoji2]

groundhog53946
02-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Sweet finds!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Digger Don
02-07-2016, 10:01 PM
Oh man!! I wish I knew that you guys went out this morning! I would've meet up with you guys for sure! I've been itching to get back out there...
Nice bag of keepers for February!!
Congrats guys! [emoji2]

I'll give you a call next time. There is plenty more out there.

Ill Digger
02-07-2016, 11:52 PM
I'll give you a call next time. There is plenty more out there.
[emoji106] Sounds good!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Digger_O'Dell
02-07-2016, 11:55 PM
Nicely done, especially for Chicago area in February! That IH is sweet!

Bucknut
02-08-2016, 10:12 AM
Sweet winter digs! I think that indian is so pretty! Congrats.

BTV Digger
02-08-2016, 04:16 PM
Great finds Don, especially for February! Man, I'm always amazed how well most of your IHs are. Shoot, I'd say of all the ones I've found, maybe 1 in 10 look that nice. Perhaps its due to yours coming mainly from yards, and mine from the woods. Dunno.

John

nalc472
02-18-2016, 10:19 AM
Great finds. Love those Indians almost as much as silver (almost).