PDA

View Full Version : SUN CELLAR HOLE HUNT*ANOTHER SCOVILL'S HARD TIMES TOKEN

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-01-2010, 07:15 PM
headed out sunday with Gary to a couple new sites.the big tree with hole under it must be a den..Gary saw a coyote scoot into it :shocked04:
got me another oxknob 11 on the year fella's :peace:.
a nice little crotal bell.
looks like a big reverse concaved button missing shank :confused:
a nice little designed pewter button with shank intact.
and another 1837 Scovill's hard times token.
i have quite a few pics to upload(30) so bear with me a few minutes

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-01-2010, 07:17 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-01-2010, 07:18 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-01-2010, 07:20 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-01-2010, 07:20 PM
last pics

rsarge1
08-01-2010, 07:36 PM
looks like a great area to hunt wtg

coinnut
08-01-2010, 08:12 PM
I was about to move your post to the National Geographic section, but the picture of an actual token showed up lol That token held up nice!! Looks like I'm the one in a copper drought now lol Great hunt and the weather looks beautiful!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-01-2010, 08:34 PM
I was about to move your post to the National Geographic section, but the picture of an actual token showed up lol That token held up nice!! Looks like I'm the one in a copper drought now lol Great hunt and the weather looks beautiful!!

rofl wha you no likey my nature scenes no more aye? :behave: :teasing:

that back is not so good but the obverse is nicer than my other one

zrickkid
08-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Nice hunt I wish we had places to dig like that here in Illinois.

angellionel
08-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Man! That token is sweet! Great hunt, Dave! thumbsup01 Hey, I love the photos too. lol

coinnut
08-01-2010, 09:38 PM
rofl wha you no likey my nature scenes no more aye? :behave: :teasing:

that back is not so good but the obverse is nicer than my other one

I love your pictures Davey :smitten: I'm gonna steal them, make a coffee table book out of them, and sell millions lol So keep doing all of my work for me Ansel, I mean Dave :yes: If the back of your first token is nice, you could mount them side by side with the best sides up. Would look good in a small frame.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-01-2010, 10:10 PM
I love your pictures Davey :smitten: I'm gonna steal them, make a coffee table book out of them, and sell millions lol So keep doing all of my work for me Ansel, I mean Dave :yes: If the back of your first token is nice, you could mount them side by side with the best sides up. Would look good in a small frame.

i see how you operate now mister :bop: i'll have you know all my photos are copyrighted :boxing: and unless ya cut me half the earnings i'll sue! :beatdeadhorse:

Epi-hunter
08-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Great finds and beautiful photos as usual! :)

Ill Digger
08-02-2010, 01:20 AM
I've never seen a cellar hole in person so don't :poke: poke fun at me. Is that the fire place in the stone wall? It just seems so small for a fire place.
That token is killer!! The side-by-side idea is kinda cool :yes:
Great pics!!
Congrats on the finds! :grin:

del
08-02-2010, 02:55 AM
hey Dave you just won the oxknob crown for the year , what are you going to do know going to Disneyland :huh:lol rofl rofl

nice whole crotal bell , and great pewter button its rare to see one hold so well. the token is sweet , congrats.

I've never seen a cellar hole in person so don't :poke: poke fun at me. Is that the fire place in the stone wall? It just seems so small for a fire place.
That token is killer!! The side-by-side idea is kinda cool :yes:
Great pics!!
Congrats on the finds! :grin:

hey Timmy,thats a good question :yes:
the stone wall is actually a fireplace hearth , the chimney base thats built in the cellar the chimney was built on it. the small square hole is either an area for small storage or most likely where the ash would fall down to be collected.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-02-2010, 06:12 PM
hey Dave you just won the oxknob crown for the year , what are you going to do know going to Disneyland :huh:lol rofl rofl

nice whole crotal bell , and great pewter button its rare to see one hold so well. the token is sweet , congrats.
hey Timmy,thats a good question :yes:
the stone wall is actually a fireplace hearth , the chimney base thats built in the cellar the chimney was built on it. the small square hole is either an area for small storage or most likely where the ash would fall down to be collected.

i'll pass on disney land.how about another hunt with you guys?that's better than Disneyland to me! :happydance01:
yeah i hairsprayed the pewter button already.except for the small little chip missing it's in great shape.when did they stop generally making pewter buttons Dan? 1820's?

coinnut
08-02-2010, 06:15 PM
yeah i hairsprayed the pewter button already.except for the small little chip missing it's in great shape.when did they stop generally making pewter buttons Dan? 1820's?

I would think pewter went out of style before that :confused: Kinda with the cloakers or a bit earlier. But just a guess though. And you want to detect with us? rofl What kind of twisted mind would want to do that again 8/ maybe this one :cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-02-2010, 08:57 PM
I would think pewter went out of style before that :confused: Kinda with the cloakers or a bit earlier. But just a guess though. And you want to detect with us? rofl What kind of twisted mind would want to do that again 8/ maybe this one :cheering:

gee Dan ya grew your hair? i ask curly a question...and moe answers :bop:
just kiddin man.thanks for the info.
well in upstate,ny i dug a war of 1812 pewter eagle button so,i was just guesstimating a year

moseng
08-03-2010, 01:12 AM
Way to dig up the goodies! Really really like the token!!

coinnut
08-03-2010, 05:57 AM
gee Dan ya grew your hair? i ask curly a question...and moe answers :bop:

You should be happy anyone answered rofl... ;) I would think civilian styles and military styles of buttons would probably end at close, but different times. Usually the general public changes there mind way before the military lets go of something lol