PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual Penguin Dig Beach Hunt

del
02-17-2016, 05:24 PM
I am posting this info for a few friends who are organizing it , they have a "seeded" beach hunt going on February 27th. It should be a great time with a lot of good people . :yes:

Any questions please feel free to ask .

Ill Digger
02-18-2016, 09:18 AM
Sounds like fun!
Are you goin' Dan?

del
02-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Sounds like fun!
Are you goin' Dan?

Tim , that would depend on if my machine comes back from being serviced .

lee
02-18-2016, 10:58 PM
i fancy a bit of that !!! dan your more than welcome to borrow my f4 till your detector comes back mate

del
02-22-2016, 01:14 AM
i fancy a bit of that !!! dan your more than welcome to borrow my f4 till your detector comes back mate

Thanks Lee , I very much appreciate that !! your the third member here who has said they would loan me one of their detectors .:notworthy:

del
02-28-2016, 01:43 AM
I'd like to hear if anyone went to this and how it was , i heard a large amount of people went .

MangoAve
02-29-2016, 10:21 AM
I'd like to hear if anyone went to this and how it was , i heard a large amount of people went .

It was a decent hunt. I did not attend the DINE last year, and I already explained those circumstances, so I don't have anything to really compare to. I didn't make last years Polar Bear hunt due to the weather and the lack of communications... I actually made it down on the day it was supposed to be. Waste of gas and time. ugh. I did not realize the 2016 DINE would be at a new place from 2015... which is good. I would def not go seeing how many people hit the 2015 site, regardless of the fact the soil gets turned for planting and items move in the ground from frost. We didn't get much frost this year....

This hunt was decent. It was planted finds. I was so used to a VDI that I was having trouble using the GTI. I was shocked that my Tpro was not being killed by the powerlines. The BH was psycho at the YTC Rocky Neck hunt. I think there is only 300 or so Hz difference in frequency. 6.8k and 7.1K. I didn't have much luck and had to change a few times cuz the wind made it a bit cold. The brought gifts were decent, altho I was near the end of the drawing. I actually had better luck trying by the picnic tables than I did in the sand. lol.

del
03-01-2016, 03:27 AM
It was a decent hunt. I did not attend the DINE last year, and I already explained those circumstances, so I don't have anything to really compare to. I didn't make last years Polar Bear hunt due to the weather and the lack of communications... I actually made it down on the day it was supposed to be. Waste of gas and time. ugh. I did not realize the 2016 DINE would be at a new place from 2015... which is good. I would def not go seeing how many people hit the 2015 site, regardless of the fact the soil gets turned for planting and items move in the ground from frost. We didn't get much frost this year....

This hunt was decent. It was planted finds. I was so used to a VDI that I was having trouble using the GTI. I was shocked that my Tpro was not being killed by the powerlines. The BH was psycho at the YTC Rocky Neck hunt. I think there is only 300 or so Hz difference in frequency. 6.8k and 7.1K. I didn't have much luck and had to change a few times cuz the wind made it a bit cold. The brought gifts were decent, altho I was near the end of the drawing. I actually had better luck trying by the picnic tables than I did in the sand. lol.

thanks for the info Jim so I take it you had a pretty good time .

Dan

MangoAve
03-01-2016, 08:46 AM
thanks for the info Jim so I take it you had a pretty good time .

Dan

Woulda been better if I coulda gotten my coil over more of the planted finds. But it was good. As soon as all the prizes were done, the crowd broke pretty quick. Judging by Davey's post at the pizza shop, I'm guessing everyone was hungry. People did pitch in $ for coffee and hot chocolate, which was a little needed cuz the wind making it cold.