PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip to Connecticut

Digger Don
02-23-2016, 02:43 PM
Alec and I are making a road trip Connecticut at the end of March. My wife booked us a room for a few nights so we can detect "Out East"
How cool is that? As it turns out, Hiluxyota is driving out the same week to meet up with us.. I'm keeping at least one day open in the hopes of meeting some of our Forum friends.
And of coarse, we plan on doing some door knocking while there.
Soooo, if anybody would like to get together for a hunt, let us know.:detecting:

del
02-23-2016, 04:02 PM
Don , I hope you have a free day on a friday or saturday as i would be happy to take you to a coupe of old colonial cellar holes . where abouts in Connecticut are you staying ??

Dan

Full Metal Digger
02-23-2016, 04:57 PM
I wish you guys all the best luck! You'll have to try to find something older than Timmay! found when he went last year. Don't forget I'm coming up the 18th-21st to your area!

Digger Don
02-23-2016, 06:34 PM
I wish you guys all the best luck! You'll have to try to find something older than Timmay! found when he went last year. Don't forget I'm coming up the 18th-21st to your area!
Looking forward to it Dave

Digger Don
02-23-2016, 06:43 PM
Don , I hope you have a free day on a friday or saturday as i would be happy to take you to a coupe of old colonial cellar holes . where abouts in Connecticut are you staying ??

Dan
We are getting there on Friday. So Saturday the 26th could work. My wife booked us a room in Rocky Hill. She kind of threw a dart at a map.
. Anyway, thanks for the invite, it would be great to meet you and maybe find something old.

del
02-23-2016, 07:14 PM
Rocky hill is very centered in the state and only about 35 to 40 minutes away from me and that saturday will work out fine . I been researching a lot of sites so far this year and will save a couple for you and Al . I look forward to meeting you and Al .

Dan

Digger_O'Dell
02-23-2016, 07:42 PM
Sounds like a LOT of fun and a great opportunity. Hope to try East coast cellar hunting myself one day soon. GL on the trip!

Isaac
02-24-2016, 05:58 PM
GL Don. I actually will be in the town over on that date as well. :)

OxShoeDrew
02-24-2016, 06:17 PM
Count me in! :thumbsup02:

del
02-24-2016, 11:43 PM
GL Don. I actually will be in the town over on that date as well. :)

cool , you gonna share your "honey hole site " with us ??;)

Count me in! :thumbsup02:

I wouldn't have it any other way Drew !!:grin:

lee
02-25-2016, 04:36 AM
im the next town over from rocky hill, count me in to.

Digger Don
02-25-2016, 06:48 AM
Wow, What a terrific Response. THANKS EVERYONE

Hiluxyota
02-25-2016, 11:04 AM

Dan

I hope you have room for one more from illinois!! Would love to get a chance to hunt one of those with you guys since I will be out there to meet up with don and al as well ..

Hiluxyota
02-25-2016, 11:05 AM

Looking forward to netting and detecting with you Dave while your this way ..

Isaac
02-25-2016, 11:38 AM
cool , you gonna share your "honey hole site " with us ??;)

I wouldn't have it any other way Drew !!:grin:
Sure! As long as I have a shouffer :lol:

lee
02-25-2016, 01:06 PM
Ive got a site that is big enough to handle a lot of people and its in rocky hill... which is handy , lot of history dating back to early 1700s and Ive hit about one percent of it.

MangoAve
02-25-2016, 01:16 PM
Sure! As long as I have a *chauffeur

Maybe... Might be out of the way, but could cut through Glastonbury to get back to Rocky Hill... That's also depending on which site Dan chooses.

He, Drew and I can be the NE ambassadors. Lol.

I've got a site that is big enough to handle a lot of people and its in rocky hill... which is handy , lot of history dating back to early 1700s and I've hit about one percent of it.

No wonder you were texting. You had a big spot to tackle. Right outside of Middletown, Rocky Hill is fairly old.

nalc472
02-25-2016, 06:11 PM
Don what kind of settings do you use on E-trac. I see you find a lot of coins. Is it because you hunt a lot of hours and places? Need all the help I can find. This will be my 2nd year with the etrac. I could use any advice you could give. You could send me a PM of your settings. Thanks.

Digger Don
02-26-2016, 09:44 AM
Hey Guys, I may have to take more time off work :lolsign:

rsarge1
02-26-2016, 11:14 AM
LOL sounds like you guys are going to have fun good luck, wish I could join you but I am stuck here waiting for the ground to thaw in Denver a little ways away, be sure to take lots of pics for us less privileged LOL

Lodge Scent
02-26-2016, 01:02 PM
All this 1700's talk is making me drool. I might have to crash this party.

del
02-29-2016, 04:42 AM
All this 1700's talk is making me drool. I might have to crash this party.

Jeff your always welcome to travel down south with us . :yes:

Full Metal Digger
02-29-2016, 10:30 AM
Don what kind of settings do you use on E-trac. I see you find a lot of coins. Is it because you hunt a lot of hours and places? Need all the help I can find. This will be my 2nd year with the etrac. I could use any advice you could give. You could send me a PM of your settings. Thanks.

You need to attend the Tony Two-Cent school of metal detecting! It's not so much about the machine as it is the technique. Don and Alec can show you in person (if they are willing). It's hard to describe in writing. HH, Dave.

kpmoose
02-29-2016, 10:28 PM
If there's a site large enough for another, count me in. Be great to detect with the Illinois guys and many CT folks I have yet to hunt with.

del
03-01-2016, 03:44 AM
If there's a site large enough for another, count me in. Be great to detect with the Illinois guys and many CT folks I have yet to hunt with.

Hello Kevin , we might need a "bigger boat" :lol: if we get too many a large field will have to do

kpmoose
03-03-2016, 09:04 PM
Hello Kevin , we might need a "bigger boat" :lol: if we get too many a large field will have to do

My thoughts exactly Dan. :yes:

del
03-25-2016, 01:04 AM
Trooper Bri , is trying to get us permission on a 10 or 12 acre field that had a colonial home on it once as soon as I hear from him about an answer i'll give out particulars on the details . I t probably won't be this saturday though but maybe another day next week .

Dan