PDA

View Full Version : Mo First Love Token Find

goldgrabber
02-27-2016, 06:34 AM
A short video from a metal detecting trip using my Minelab X-Terra 705 metal detector on some local wasteland. My friends have detected this area over the years but I thought I would give it a go myself, I didn't have the best day finds wise but the Minelab X-Terra 705 did manage to find me my first love token made from an old coin. Because I hadn't heard of such a thing before today, I didn't realise what it was and when I dug it, I tried to bend it back in to normal shape, not realising it had been purposely bent to the shape it was, now I know for next time if I dig a bent coin, not to instantly try ans straighten it, live and learn ehh...

<span data-offset-key="a1dd3-0-0">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqsXVoKfaso

OxShoeDrew
02-28-2016, 05:54 PM
Gosh, I couldn't see a thing. What's on it that tells you it's a love token? Thanks!

goldgrabber
02-28-2016, 07:21 PM
apparently thats the point, the face is normally ground away and then initials are usually then engraved in and the coin is then bent, so it can't be spent by whoever received it. I never knew about them until my friend recognised what it was by the way it had been bent and he spotted a small engraving oo otherwise I'd have just thought it was a badly worn coin and thought nothing more