PDA

View Full Version : Earliest Hunts ever in Wisconsin produce plaenty of Silver and wheats

wisconsin digger
02-28-2016, 07:39 PM
I do not know how to read this weather but I won't complain that it is here. Last Saturday the 20th I was bored so I thought I would swing a little. Most of the ground was froze solid but I did manage to find some sun exposed areas on a slope that offered a few strips of thawed ground. Managed to find 11 coins including a 1924 wheat. Spent the day on the ice this Saturday (wish I wouldn't of) when the temps hit 50+ and decided Sunday I would give it another shot. When I got to the Park I wanted to hunt I was shocked to see the ground was completely thawed. I was planning on fighting some frost but the ground was plenty soft. I gave it about 4 hours and had some really good results. Found 2 clad halves which was a surprise almost $5 in clad 6 wheats and 5 silver dimes. Signals were really nice and hope to get another hunt in before things freeze up again. great start to the new year and definitely the earliest. Its been less than 2 months since I finished up last years season. GREAT to get out swinging. Wisconsin Digger

Digger Don
02-28-2016, 07:45 PM
Wow, that's a great haul. A five silver day in February. Great Job.
Plus 5 dollar menus. LOL :congrats:

Bucknut
02-28-2016, 08:11 PM
Awesome early hunt!

Digger_O'Dell
02-28-2016, 10:59 PM
Very nice! Gotta love those halves and silvers!

Tried to hit the field behind the house this morning despite fighting the flu, but the mud was horrible and only found a LOT of flattened aluminum cans. No matter, always good to get out in Wisconsin in February!

del
02-29-2016, 04:57 AM
:notworthy:great haul of coins there !!:loveit:

relichunterryan
02-29-2016, 07:48 AM
Great hunt! Those halves are hard to find, haven't found any as of yet. Congrats on the nice silver coins and the great weather! The weather is great here in SC, but the flu is kicking my butt. :( HH!

groundhog53946
02-29-2016, 04:30 PM
Wow! Awesome hunt! I'm surprised the ground is as thawed as it is but I'll take it

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

wisconsin digger
03-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Great hunt! Those halves are hard to find, haven't found any as of yet. Congrats on the nice silver coins and the great weather! The weather is great here in SC, but the flu is kicking my butt. :( HH!
I think beach hunters do a lot better on halves but they still turn up a lot for me. I believe I have found the same amount of silver halves as clad but only one of my JFK's has been silver. Clad or silver they are always nice to pull out of the hole. Thx WD