PDA

View Full Version : And yet another trip to the orphange!

Pacivilwarluke
03-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Headed back to my civil war orphange today and did pretty well! Got a nice infantry officers button, some staff buttons, a brass wedding band, a 1903 v nickel (must've been dropped by a hunter, school was abandoned a few years after the civil war) a broken pewter spoon, and a rivet! It was a fun hunt in a gorgeous day! :)

del
03-01-2016, 11:00 PM
Great looking Infantry button Luke , i also like the small brass wedding band

Digger_O'Dell
03-02-2016, 01:09 AM
Nice finds! Bet there's tons of stuff yet to be found. That button is in great shape!

Bucknut
03-02-2016, 09:59 AM
Man that place you have is so awesome! Seems that buttons just grow back each time you visit it!

BTV Digger
03-02-2016, 11:10 AM
OK, I'm starting to jet jealous Luke, on the finds and the warm weather.:) Just got 1/2" of ice here this morning and the ground is frozen down to 15" or so. No getting through that w/o a jackhammer. Anyway, another great set of finds man. You're really on the military button streak. Next up would be the artillery or cavalry officers button, no? lol.

John

Pacivilwarluke
03-02-2016, 12:40 PM
Great looking Infantry button Luke , i also like the small brass wedding band
Thanks! That's my third one from this site!

Pacivilwarluke
03-02-2016, 12:40 PM
Nice finds! Bet there's tons of stuff yet to be found. That button is in great shape!
I sure hope- it's been a great spot!

Pacivilwarluke
03-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Man that place you have is so awesome! Seems that buttons just grow back each time you visit it!
It seems like! There's so much iron you get more signals everytime you go back and go in a diffrent direction! Most finds are a mere blip in the iron!

Pacivilwarluke
03-02-2016, 12:42 PM
OK, I'm starting to jet jealous Luke, on the finds and the warm weather.:) Just got 1/2" of ice here this morning and the ground is frozen down to 15" or so. No getting through that w/o a jackhammer. Anyway, another great set of finds man. You're really on the military button streak. Next up would be the artillery or cavalry officers button, no? lol.

John

I hope you get out of the freeze soon! :) thanks, boy I hope I could get a C button since my great 3x grandpa served with the union cavalry! It's a huge bucket lister for me!

RIdirtdigger
03-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Great finds once again

Pacivilwarluke
03-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Great finds once againThanks man!

nalc472
04-05-2016, 08:21 AM
Great find. I found one myself yesterday. I found a C button last year. they are hard to find.

MangoAve
04-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Musta missed this post for obvi reasons. I'm most likely not gonna back track through March's posts unless it popped up in the news feed like this did. Nice score on the button. The other finds are nice too. The V nickel is in better shape than the ones I have found.

aloldstuff
04-07-2016, 06:00 AM
Great site, great finds. :congrats:on another Infantry button and I'm hoping that the Calvary button is only a dig away......:thumbsup02:

OxShoeDrew
04-09-2016, 11:00 AM
Musta missed this post for obvi reasons. I'm most likely not gonna back track through March's posts unless it popped up in the news feed like this did. Nice score on the button. The other finds are nice too. The V nickel is in better shape than the ones I have found.
Hey! No excuses! :lol: Look at me finding the post after you :)
I agree with you Jim, that v nickel is pretty. Ours are always beat. Is there some gold still on that button? Nice job Luke!

The Rebel
04-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Awesome fines. Love the patina on the V. That I button should clean up real nice.