PDA

View Full Version : AFTERNOON CELLAR HOLE HUNT WITH FRANK

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-02-2010, 05:55 PM
yesterdays cellar hole hunt is the link below with Gary (foundation hunter from tnet forum)
http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=2100.0

and todays hunt with Frank...
we hit a few holes that we pounded before.not much in the finds dept but squeaked out a few keepers.
the iron fork still has wood on handle,a pewter spoon bowl,2 suspender buckles,a D-type buckle,a small flat button
my fave is the large designed colonial dandy or cloak button.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-02-2010, 05:56 PM
more pics

coinnut
08-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Nice cloaker :shocked04: Cool design. Some nice relics too. At least you got to hunt again, I'm stuck for a while. I may have to ditch work for a small hunt somewhere lol Hey Ansel...no wildlife that day? :dontknow:... lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Nice cloaker :shocked04: Cool design. Some nice relics too. At least you got to hunt again, I'm stuck for a while. I may have to ditch work for a small hunt somewhere lol Hey Ansel...no wildlife that day? :dontknow:... lol

thanks G! yeah i never seen a center like this on a cloaker? have you?
i knew you would be dissapointed with no national geographic shots.didn't see anything interesting to photograph today.

coinnut
08-02-2010, 06:12 PM
thanks G! yeah i never seen a center like this on a cloaker? have you?
i knew you would be dissapointed with no national geographic shots.didn't see anything interesting to photograph today.

I've seen the centers like that, but usually much smaller of a center dot. That one seems to want to incorporate it into the main design...pretty cool. And tell me there wasn't even a worm, beetle or flea to photograph :thinkingabout: I think you just had carpal trigger syndrome rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-02-2010, 06:16 PM
I've seen the centers like that, but usually much smaller of a center dot. That one seems to want to incorporate it into the main design...pretty cool. And tell me there wasn't even a worm, beetle or flea to photograph :thinkingabout: I think you just had carpal trigger syndrome rofl

nope no bugs or nothing.whoa wait a small salamander but i passed.
the raised dot in the middle has a recess going around the dot.like the edges go under the main part of the button.you can see the braze mark on back like it was 2 pieces braised together to give it a 3-D appearence

del
08-02-2010, 06:23 PM
hey Dave , it is a cool looking button and does look like something was incorporated in the middle like a decorated piece of colored glass or bone or even ivory . what did frank get :huh:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-02-2010, 06:33 PM
hey Dave , it is a cool looking button and does look like something was incorporated in the middle like a decorated piece of colored glass or bone or even ivory . what did frank get :huh:

oh so...a piece is missing then? frank got one tiny flat button

del
08-02-2010, 06:39 PM
oh so...a piece is missing then? frank got one tiny flat button

maybe :huh: but don't quote me on it :thinkingabout:

zrickkid
08-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Very neat stuff.