PDA

View Full Version : KGII, another quarter cut copper, more relics

RIdirtdigger
03-07-2016, 07:41 PM
Friday afternoon after class I headed up to CT in search of another colonial cellar hole in the same area as the one I hit the previous Sunday. This time I dragged Sam along with me. It was snowing at URI but not snowing where I was in CT. Sam and I met up and we hiked into the woods in search for the cellars. First site was a dud, pounded to death probably by people on this forum. Sam got a tombac and I got a button. Off to the second site. After wandering around we finally found it. Old site, been gone for a very long time. I dug two buttons right near the cellar hole within the first 5 minutes. Dug a folded up shoe buckle frame and then a KG2 right on the lip, (copper 9 & 1/4 FTY). Really nice shape. I then noticed somebody else's iron pile. Once again they missed a bunch of targets. Sam got a few buttons but pretty soon the signals dried up. On Sunday I stayed in RI and hit a couple of colonial cellar holes. Got a shoe buckle chape, a couple of tombacs, a quarter cut copper coin (2nd one of those I've dug this year) and one cuff link (missing the other matching one). Second site I dug another cuff link (also missing the matching one) and a tombac. I've never dug a cuff link before and then I find two in one day. Go figure. I then hiked for 1.5 hours to a site only to find it so pounded I didn't even dig one target. Oh well. Still a good weekend.

Full Metal Digger
03-07-2016, 08:18 PM
When you see rusted iron sitting up on the rocks like that you know Del has been there! LOL! Just kidding Del! Seriously congrats on some great finds. I always enjoy seeing the old coppers because we don't have them here in Illinois. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

del
03-07-2016, 08:43 PM
The king George is a decent looking copper Jim , congrats on it and the relics sir !

When you see rusted iron sitting up on the rocks like that you know Del has been there! LOL! Just kidding Del!

Well the second site did look familiar Dave :lol:

owena1
03-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Nice KGII!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OxShoeDrew
03-08-2016, 01:24 AM
Those are some old targets, Jim. ...and a very handsome KG. :thumbsup02:

Lodge Scent
03-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Great looking KG and a nice bunch of finds. Seeing the dug iron just makes those finds all the sweeter.

Digger_O'Dell
03-08-2016, 08:40 AM
Very nice! Gotta admit I'm a bit jealous of you cellar hole guys! You aught to try park hunting in the Midwest if you're up for a challenge!

BTV Digger
03-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Nice shape on the KG. There's always a few goodies still lurking at those sites.

John

Bucknut
03-08-2016, 10:00 AM
You find some of the coolest old relics and coins! Congrats!

RIdirtdigger
03-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Thank you. Sometimes I have better luck with iron piles lying around then I do at sites with no trace of someone else being there (except the lack of targets lol)

RIdirtdigger
03-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Those are some old targets, Jim. ...and a very handsome KG. :thumbsup02:
Thank you!

RIdirtdigger
03-09-2016, 07:02 PM
You find some of the coolest old relics and coins! Congrats!
Thanks

RIdirtdigger
03-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Nice shape on the KG. There's always a few goodies still lurking at those sites.

John
Yup, most of the time stuff is missed

RIdirtdigger
03-09-2016, 07:05 PM
Very nice! Gotta admit I'm a bit jealous of you cellar hole guys! You aught to try park hunting in the Midwest if you're up for a challenge!
The cellar holes here are usually more hit then the parks. At least that's been my experience in my areas. Thanks for the comment!

RIdirtdigger
03-09-2016, 07:05 PM
The king George is a decent looking copper Jim , congrats on it and the relics sir !

Well the second site did look familiar Dave :lol:
Thanks Dan.

The Rebel
03-10-2016, 12:41 PM
That's a great lookin KG!

WBR Relic Hunter
03-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Great finds. We only see cellars in the movies down here.:)