PDA

View Full Version : Special alert !!

bamaart
03-07-2016, 08:05 PM
For all of you who are friends with my best bud and hunting partner "Mangoave" Jim, please keep him in your prayers. Upon not getting a response from him about going to a cellar hole Sunday I got a message from his girlfriend that he had been very sick for a couple of days, I drove to his house and found him in very bad shape, He now lies in somewhat of a coma in ICU, The doctors cannot wake him up and do not know the extent of what is wrong. Jim loves this site and all of you guys. Jim is only 33 years old. Keep him in your prayers. Kevin

Full Metal Digger
03-07-2016, 08:16 PM
Thanks for letting us know. I hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

del
03-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Kevin , what the heck happened :shocked03:?? Do you know what hospital he is at and if he allowed any visitors or flowers ??

Dan

bamaart
03-07-2016, 08:51 PM
The doctors are baffeled at this point, I have been there for two days now and he has still not responded and they are very worried because he is not getting better. They are even at this point checking the possibility of a brain virus. We just do not know. They are still worried about the worst happening.

bamaart
03-07-2016, 08:57 PM
If you guys will, please send him messages to his address "Mangoave" so that I can read them to him.

del
03-07-2016, 09:16 PM
Thanks Kevin , please keep us informed on his condition . Jim is a good guy and respected here by a lot of his friends .

Dan

bamaart
03-07-2016, 09:34 PM
I will.

OxShoeDrew
03-08-2016, 01:29 AM
Shocked and saddened to hear this! Kevin, did you mean send PMs to mangoave here on the forum? Thanks for the info!

bamaart
03-08-2016, 04:24 AM
Yes

lee
03-08-2016, 04:36 AM
im gob smacked !!.
Jim,get your ass out of bed , Ive got a cellar hole that needs hunting !!
seriously mate we need you, get well soon my old mukka

Lodge Scent
03-08-2016, 07:44 AM
That's rough. Sorry to hear that.

I sent a PM sent to Mango.

Digger_O'Dell
03-08-2016, 08:30 AM
Terrible news! I hate to see this happen to good people. Please relay my wishes for a quick diagnosis and that he recovers quickly. Going to be quiet around the forum without him here.

KCFindIt
03-08-2016, 09:12 AM
Very sorry to hear this. I pray he heals and gets back to doing what he loves.

bamaart
03-08-2016, 12:18 PM
Slight improvement this morning with Jim, I went back to the hospital at 4am, couldn't stand the thought of him waking there alone, and he opened his eyes for a couple of moments. I ask him if he hurt and he said no and went back to sleep, I thought the nurse would crap, she was not expecting that. But even though he is not talking, he seems to be trying to move. I believe that he will make a recovery. He is in ICU at St. Francis in Hartford, they let me in with no problem and we are not related. Last name is Mauro. Remind me later to let Jim know that this is the only trip that he will not remember in detail.

Digger Don
03-08-2016, 12:48 PM
We'll be praying for a speedy recovery.

OxShoeDrew
03-08-2016, 06:38 PM
Oh, I was hoping for good news....so glad to hear he was responsive. Any idea what the issue is yet?

Tony Two-Cent
03-09-2016, 09:50 AM
I hope that Jim continues to improve. He is a very colorful and knowledgeable member of this forum and we sure do miss his presence here.

Very scary ordeal. Get better, Jim!

The Rebel
03-10-2016, 12:46 PM
Jim get better buddy, we're all pulling for ya! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Roger

OxShoeDrew
03-10-2016, 06:29 PM
Any news?

bamaart
03-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Good news ! Jim woke up yesterday, he came to and can now talk and they even had him walk a little. He is still sick but is going to make a full recovery ! I'm sure that he will thank you for your prayers and well wishes. Kevin

OxShoeDrew
03-10-2016, 06:41 PM
HOOORAYYYYY!!! Thanks Kevin!

del
03-10-2016, 09:01 PM
:cheering::happy::cheering: Thats great news Kevin , please tell him we're all behind his recovery and looking toward talking with our ol' friend again .

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
03-10-2016, 11:11 PM
So glad to hear this positive news! :happy:

Looking forward to having the old Jim back with us real soon! :thumbsup02:

lee
03-10-2016, 11:15 PM
ohh thank #@&$ for that......great news kev, give him a big wet sloppy kiss from me.

MangoAve
03-11-2016, 09:46 AM
Now Kev, seems there was a bit of speculation in the early part of the thread. I didn't even know for a few days stay in icu until I knew what was going on. Obvi I'm the one who could have lost the most here and I still don't understand the gravity of the situation. Being incoherent for the start of this and being completely out of it prob prevents me from feeling the trueness. I mean, a nurse telling me I look100% better and I don't even recognize his face.

Thank you all for your prayers and we'll wishes. I'm glad to know all of you care. Kev, I do owe a great deal of gratitude to you and the miss. Without you two, the detecting community might have lost me. Idk how many more hours I would have lasted. Thank you for that. I'm still in the hospital but hoping soon today or tomorrow to get discharged. Just in time for the great weather I heard we've been having.

We did meet a few nurses who seemed intrigued by the hobby and finds. Maybe one of the next outtings we can come back in to show the nurses the latest finds.

Don't encourage him, Lee. He might just do it.... :lol:

Tony Two-Cent
03-11-2016, 10:18 AM
Great to see a post from you, Jim! I hope all these troubles are behind you and that you are back out there swinging soon! :yes:

MangoAve
03-11-2016, 06:08 PM
Great to see a post from you, Jim! I hope all these troubles are behind you and that you are back out there swinging soon! :yes:

Thanks Tony. Hoping to be out this weekend swinging
Maybe Saturday at a cellar I'm gonna search for and Sunday with ytc at a planned beach hunt. Almost like the penguin hunt that just occurred with planned prizes. Good to get together with the people from local club that I don't get out with regularly.

Digger_O'Dell
03-11-2016, 08:20 PM
Awesome news! Glad to see you are up and about Jim! Guess the doctors won't have to worry about you getting any exercise towards your recovery-just put a detector in your hands and point you towards the nearest green space. LOL!
Really missed you here!

MangoAve
03-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Awesome news! Glad to see you are up and about Jim! Guess the doctors won't have to worry about you getting any exercise towards your recovery-just put a detector in your hands and point you towards the nearest green space. LOL!
Really missed you here!

Thanks DOD. I don't think the exercise was the issue. I've gotta start packing back on the pounds. Hopefully mostly muscle, but still some mussel fats. It shouldn't take a situation like this to reflect on life and a balance things out. But now these woods gotta watch out for me. Gonna hit sites hard and hopefully share the luck.

KCFindIt
03-12-2016, 08:00 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling better and out of the woods, so you can go back "out in the woods".

Robbie
03-13-2016, 09:38 AM
Glad to hear your back. What was your diagnosis ?

builderb
03-13-2016, 08:25 PM
He will be in my prayers.

The Rebel
03-14-2016, 01:06 PM
Glad to see your doing so much better Jim! Take it low & slow.