PDA

View Full Version : entry-level metal detector for kids

CristinAldre
03-08-2016, 10:09 PM
which detector brand is suitable for kids? is detectorall (http://www.detectorall.com/) good in quality? please give me some advice. thanks very much.

Full Metal Digger
03-08-2016, 11:16 PM
Hello and welcome to our forum. I personally have not ever heard of detectorall. My first thought when I read your post is what kind of budget do you have in mind? I also wondered what age is the child you are thinking of getting a detector for. Hopefully others will chime in with their thoughts also.

Digger_O'Dell
03-09-2016, 03:32 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum. I also would have to ask the child's age, and how well something holds their interest.
First of all, I have never heard if that brand either so looked them up. They seem to be more into cheap security type detectors with a few overpriced low end hobby or gold detectors. I don't think the ones they hack would be appropriate for any beginner regardless of age.
Judging by the price range you were looking at I would likely recommend a Garrett Ace 250. Not expensive, well built, and easy to learn and use. Should be great for an older child or beginner adults alike. If you shop around you may even find one used in great condition much cheaper since people tend to upgrade before long once the detecting becomes more serious.

groundhog53946
03-09-2016, 04:24 PM
Welcome from Wisconsin! As a proud owner of a fisher f2, I would highly recommend one for most anybody. Easy to learn. About $200 new for a 3 coil package. Good luck with whichever model you choose from

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

del
03-10-2016, 12:10 AM
Welcome to the forum CristinAldre , yes the first question to help us out is the age of the child ? I was about 8 years old when i got my first one . The machines our members have mentioned are good entry detectors that will grow with the child and or could be very good back up machines if they decide to really embrace the hobby .

Thanks for joining up here Cristin .

Dan

ODA 226
03-10-2016, 04:34 AM
The Minelab GoFind 60 would be a good choice. It's inexpensive, around $300.00, but has features not found in other machines in that price range. It's height adjustable, retracts to a size of about 18 inches and is extremely light!

I bought one for my wife and she loves it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWKY9gLllZI