PDA

View Full Version : Addicted

RobW
08-03-2010, 07:24 AM
I am addicted enough to wanting to go hunting. I even wake up at 4 am anticipating the hunt on the weekends, out the door by 4:30 that way I am ready to hunt by the time the sun comes up. Now since finding out about this site, I have a new addiction. I can't wait to see what everyone else is finding, learning some new things, and fueling my addiction further. Of course I'm looking at this board while at work.....good thing I work for myself...otherwise......

coinnut
08-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Don't worry Rob, them feelings will fade. lol I've been at it about 37 years and I can almost sleep the night before a hunt rofl I figure right about the 50 year mark, you may be a little less enthusiastic :cheesysmile: If you are going to be addicted to something, this should be it :beerbuddy:

RobW
08-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I've been at this for about 20 yrs now.....no fading.

pulltabsteve
08-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Yes...YOURE ADDICTED! Have been ever been so excited about a new spot, you get to the site, hop out of the truck, go around back and grab the machine, head into the woods, start finding silver and wheats and buttons....then get a phone call from the wife, She got a call from the police. They found my truck at a woods site with the drivers door wide open, someone called and said it looked suspicious..... 20 minutes to get back to my truck surrounded by 3 cops cars.Tried to explain why I was in the woods at 5AM. Jumped out and forgot to shut my door. Once they saw the finds they kinda understood :grin:

del
08-03-2010, 02:32 PM
I even wake up at 4 am anticipating the hunt on the weekends, out the door by 4:30 that way I am ready to hunt by the time the sun comes up.

wow sounds like you've been out detecting with Coinnut and i already , thats our usual schedule lol lol

RobW
08-03-2010, 03:42 PM
That's a funny story, I could see that happening to me. I leave my trunk open all the time and my wife gets frantic because she tries calling me but once I have my headphones on I don't hear, or maybe it's choosing to hear the cell phone.

zrickkid
08-04-2010, 08:41 PM
I usually get to hunt a little bit every day and I really enjoy it. My employer asked me last week to bring my detector so I could find some drainage manhole covers that were buried during a recent landscaping makeover. I found all four in about 10 minutes. They were very happy. This is part of a neighborhood that was bulldozed to build the University of Illinois/Chicago in ca. 1963. One day I will find the ideal part of the campus to do a hunt. I really enjoy the hunt and the promise that is found in every hole. Good luck. :)

tanacat
08-10-2010, 11:08 PM
I've been MDing about a year now and yep, I'm totally addicted. To this fine forum as well. If I'm not hunting, I constantly see places I WANT to hunt, anything dealing with local history, etc... I have post-it notes all over my car, places to research :eyebrow:

And lately I find myself trying to refrain talking about it around my family... Although they do seem very supportive and interested, I think they just want me to dig up the 'big one' and retire early lol