PDA

View Full Version : Burnt Barber Quarter, MASSIVE KNOB!!

OxShoeDrew
03-13-2016, 02:03 PM
I got out for a few of my normal short hunts at a site where the 200 yr old house burned down a few years ago. These finds came from a field that is still being worked, about 150 yrds from where the house burnt. I don't know how the coin would have been burnt that far from the house :dontknow:
The IH is 186? and the wheats are 1919,20,20,40
....and that is the SINGLE LARGEST KNOB I"VE EVER DUG!!! :shocked04::lol: It has two side holes.
Anyone ever find a larger one?? Happy Hunting, Drew
PS anyone know what that cup type thing is?

Lodge Scent
03-13-2016, 03:27 PM
Nice! You don't see too many toasted silvers :cheesysmile:

That knob belonged to the now extinct bovine called Tyrannosaurus Rox. Nasty creature.

OxShoeDrew
03-13-2016, 05:25 PM
Nice! You don't see too many toasted silvers :cheesysmile:

That knob belonged to the now extinct bovine called Tyrannosaurus Rox. Nasty creature.:lol:
Sadly Jeff, the house was over 200 yrs old and burned in 20 min. Today I also saw hunters (familiar?) trespassing on the lady's property...walked within 100 yrds of me with guns. What season is it now? I stopped wearing orange.

Lodge Scent
03-13-2016, 06:32 PM
Bummer on the old house. I don't believe you can hunt on Sunday in CT Drew. Not much open now anyway. Crow and varmints I think...but not on Sundays.

You will want to wear orange during spring turkey season. Those guys are usually in full camo. You won't see them until you trip over them. You want to be sure they see you ! During shotgun season for deer and turkey season I only detect on Sundays.

The Rebel
03-14-2016, 01:09 PM
WTG Drew! I believe you can now hunt Sundays but only on private land with the owners permission. I seem to remember hearing about that but would have to check the DEEP website.

RIdirtdigger
03-14-2016, 03:08 PM
Nice finds. Not sure about CT but here in RI if you happen to be carrying a gun and blaze orange around and a conservation officer sees you, you better have a good excuse cause there is no hunting allowed during this time period (deer+ small game over), (turkey season yet to begin), probably just locals who poach all year round

RIdirtdigger
03-14-2016, 03:12 PM
:lol:
Sadly Jeff, the house was over 200 yrs old and burned in 20 min. Today I also saw hunters (familiar?) trespassing on the lady's property...walked within 100 yrds of me with guns. What season is it now? I stopped wearing orange.
Drew I just checked the CT DEEP, the only thing you can legally hunt right now is coyote. I doubt that's what those people were doing lol

OxShoeDrew
03-14-2016, 05:35 PM
Thanks, everyone, those people were definitely trespassing, as I ran it by the property owner and they were not given permission.
Yeah Jim, I heard about year-round coyote hunting. I remember seeing about 40 of 'em in my back yard a few years ago. They were yippin and yahooing to beat the band. I was telling my boss about those poachers and he suggested I carry heat while detecting :lol:

del
03-14-2016, 10:03 PM
That coin does look like it may have been "cooked" a bit Drew . As for the knob , you sure have a lot of brass showing it off and gloating how "big" it is :lol:

I was telling my boss about those poachers and he suggested I carry heat while detecting :lol:

might not be a bad idea Drew !