PDA

View Full Version : Local Park Silver Coins And Pendant

angellionel
08-03-2010, 06:04 PM
I spent a few hours late this afternoon detecting at a local park working the trashier areas hoping to pick up a silver coin or two. My goal for each hunt is three silver coins, but finding just one would make my day. :grin: Today, though, I managed five, and one sterling silver pendant. :peace:

The best of the silver coins is this beautiful 1906 Barber dime. :smitten:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/August/1906barberdime_080310.jpg

It was nice hitting on the larger silver coins too.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/August/silvercoins_080310.jpg

This piece is heavy. It's marked 'sterling'.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/August/sterlingpendant_080310.jpg

I can't wait for the weekend! :cheesysmile:

HH!

Ill Digger
08-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Sweet haul!!
That Barber dime in premo !!
Lots of detail left on that one!
Congrats :grin:

Full Metal Digger
08-03-2010, 07:22 PM
What? No quadfecta?? Must have only been a 15-minute hunt! Nice finds Angel. That 1906 didn't see too many pockets before it hit the ground, that's for sure!

Here's a question: How come this page doesn't fill my screen? I can only see about 3/4ths of the pictures at one time. I have to go to the bottom of the pictures and use the scroll bar to see the right half of the pics.

coinnut
08-03-2010, 07:24 PM
I love them Barbers when they are in that shape. You can imagine one in circulation with bright mint luster :shocked04: Great little hunt, even though we are not counting Washingtons or Roosevelts anymore :lol: What....no wheats?? :lol: Nice hunt Angel.

z118
08-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Sweet digs! Out of curiosity what is your ration of silver dimes to silver quarters? I have a hell of a time finding quarters. My ration this year is 18-1.

Epi-hunter
08-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I love them Barbers when they are in that shape. You can imagine one in circulation with bright mint luster :shocked04: Great little hunt, even though we are not counting Washingtons or Roosevelts anymore :lol: What....no wheats?? :lol: Nice hunt Angel.

He is not allowed to count Washingtons, rosies, or mercs at all anymore, George :lol:

Nice hunt. I love the barber dime.

hockeyguy
08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Very nice....full liberty on the barber is always special!

dave in iowa
08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
great finds

angellionel
08-03-2010, 10:52 PM
What? No quadfecta?? Must have only been a 15-minute hunt! Nice finds Angel. That 1906 didn't see too many pockets before it hit the ground, that's for sure!

Here's a question: How come this page doesn't fill my screen? I can only see about 3/4ths of the pictures at one time. I have to go to the bottom of the pictures and use the scroll bar to see the right half of the pics.

Thanks DD!

Hey, perhaps the pictures may not completely show on your screen due to the monitor's resolution setting? :confused: Try this site (http://www.screen-resolution.com/common-screen-resolutions.php) to test out different resolutions, but use Internet Explorer. It doesn't work well in Firefox.

He is not allowed to count Washingtons, rosies, or mercs at all anymore, George :lol:

Nice hunt. I love the barber dime.

First the wheat cents, and now the Washingtons, Roosevelts.... and mercs? :shocked04: I might as well give up detecting :lol:.

Sweet digs! Out of curiosity what is your ration of silver dimes to silver quarters? I have a hell of a time finding quarters. My ration this year is 18-1.

I think it is almost seven silver dimes for every silver quarter. :)

texasboy112
08-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Great Job, you're a Master at Silver...

NiagaraCountyNY
08-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Nice Haul! You are a silver magnet sir.HH

RobW
08-04-2010, 10:29 AM
As that Rod Stewart song says Some guys have all the luck.....Congrats

catskillcomics
08-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Another fine round of goodies you got there Angel!!

zrickkid
08-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Awesome Barber dime! You never cease to amaze all of the people on this forum.

rsarge1
08-06-2010, 09:05 AM
....nice finds....