PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Silver Including a First

z118
08-03-2010, 08:40 PM
I had friends in town this past weekend which meant no detecting. But I've been back at it the past two evenings. Tonight I had some unexpected and sweet results - two silver dimes - a '39 Merc and a '19 Canadian dime. The latter is a first for me; my only other silver Canadian dime was 1964. The exciting part is that these both came from a park where frankly I had zero expectations of silver. The park is small and obvious and I assumed it had been heavily landscaped and hunted to death. I'm pretty excited to get back there; though you never know, I could have just gotten very lucky with these two.

I've been hunting with no meter on the Sov... I took it off for my week at the beach and haven't put it back on since. I'm not really missing it.

Happy hunting!

coinnut
08-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Congrats on the unexpected silver. That will teach you to not expect silver lol I wish we could all get that lucky and get silver when we are thinking clad ;) Love the old Canadian dime. I found one years ago and I didn't recognize what it was at first. Nice little hunt Z. I bet you will be back there :cheesysmile:

Ill Digger
08-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Nice little surprise after takin' the weekend off thumbsup01
Thats a cool old dime!
A buddy of mine found one a couple of summers ago.
Congrats :grin:

angellionel
08-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Very nice silver duo, Z. That Canadian dime is a sweet find for sure. thumbsup01

z118
08-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Huh! I thought Canadian silver was only 80%, but apparently 1919 was the last year it was 92.5. Nice!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dime_(Canadian_coin)

NiagaraCountyNY
08-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Very Nice! I get alot of canadian in my area(25 miles from the Border).That park sounds like a Silver mine waiting to be Dug! Once in awhile we get lucky and find a site that looks New,But had something older there before people forgot about.The Newer looks keep other fellas from digging there too.Cant wait to see what u find! Good Luck...HH

RobW
08-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Nice finds, of course silver is always nice!