PDA

View Full Version : Hello for IL

ewcoinhunter
03-18-2016, 08:46 AM
Always looking for dirt fishin' hunting friends! Not looking for your favorite spot, just someone to enjoy this great hobby with. Always great to share finds with hunting buddies.

Tony Two-Cent
03-18-2016, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup02:

We're glad you joined us! Best of luck with your detecting, and we are looking forward to your participation on the forum. :yes:

Full Metal Digger
03-18-2016, 09:01 AM
Yes, welcome from another Illinoisan! Looking forward to seeing your finds. How about telling us a little about yourself? HH, Dave.

del
03-18-2016, 09:25 AM
Hello and welcome ewcoinhunter , Boy the great state of Illinois is well represented here :clapping:!! I hope you can meet and detect with a few soon . Glad you joined the forum !

Dan

ewcoinhunter
03-18-2016, 09:49 AM
Dave, I have been on/off detecting for roughly 20 years. Started young while I was in Ohio, and now live in IL. A little bit harder here in IL. with permissions, and folks that do not want you in some parks and such. I love this hobby, and I love old coins! Not really a relic guy, but if I was around more CW type items, that would probably change as well. I live up around the Round Lake area, and hit the oldest farms and areas I can find. Love to hunt with others, just not to many takers around here, I guess they are worried I will take there spot!! It is a great hobby, and I truly enjoy it. Hope to hook up with fellow dirt sniffers, and find some history!! I travel a bit with my job, so I get to hunt just about every State, if I have time.
Short and sweet, pretty simple guy.
Keep your coils to the dirt!

ewcoinhunter
03-18-2016, 10:08 AM
Thanks Tony. I do enjoy your videos on Youtube. Keep the coil to the soil!!

Skamaniac
03-18-2016, 10:47 AM
Welcome from Washington state.

Digger Don
03-18-2016, 10:55 AM
Welcome to the forum. I'm also from Northern Illinois.
You should have some great areas to hunt up by you.
Looking forward to seeing your posts.
GL & HH

ewcoinhunter
03-18-2016, 11:08 AM
Thanks DD. There are a few, best ones are the ones where everyone tells me that it has been hunted out for years, and I pull out silver after silver!! Maybe we will sniff some of the same soil together some day??
Keep the coil to the soil..

Digger_O'Dell
03-18-2016, 08:22 PM
Welcome from Wisconsin! Lots of detectorists in this part of the country. Nice, but the competition can be fierce. Too often I think I I have found a good obscure site that I'm sure will produce something only to arrive and find a field of plugs. I've gotten lucky a couple times and found missed coins in heavily pounded sites, or gotten lucky by thinking "outside the box" so to speak.
Happy to make new friends and get out hunting together. Often it helps to have more than 1 pair of eyes when out. GL&HH

ewcoinhunter
03-18-2016, 10:41 PM
Thanks to all for a very warm welcome. Look forward to many hors on here shareing and learning.
Keep your coils to the soil, and hope to meet some if not all of you soon. HH

OxShoeDrew
03-28-2016, 06:28 PM
Met some of the IL detectorists this past weekend! We have an army of them here! You'll fit in just fine!!

aloldstuff
03-30-2016, 05:42 PM
Welcome from western MA. Glad you found us and looking forward to seeing your finds.

Fire Fighter 43
04-22-2016, 03:03 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. It is always nice to welcome a fellow Midwesterner. Good luck with the new season.