PDA

View Full Version : Day late and a Rosie short and a few Relics

wisconsin digger
03-19-2016, 07:18 AM
Last few hunts have been rewarding and unusual. Wednesday was a miserable day with the wind. I could only stand it for 10-15 minutes but on the way back to the car I got a signal that was iffy at best for a nickel but was my only chance of hitting a coin before leaving. When I got the plug out I saw the tell tale sign of a nickel in the dirt, the casing from the coin. I pinpointed the coin and it was a Buffalo nickel, 1st one of the year. I closed up the hole, rechecked and got a 12-46 but the tone was off, maybe the wind was messing with my head. I re-dug and dig not pinpoint anything. Closed the hole again and rescanned and still got a solid 12-46 with the weird tone. This time I dug a big plug and pulled out more dirt. 2nd attempt produced a well hidden '45 Merc, 1st old coin spill of the year. Short hunt but a nice find. Thursday the weather was great so I hunted after work for 2.5 hours. Some tough hunting among the junk in the park produced a deep barber dime a Merc and several Wheaties. I hunted till dark hoping for a Rosie but had no luck. Returned Friday to the same spot I hunted and found a Rosie within 10 minutes and 10 feet from where I left off. Sometimes it is just not meant to be. Ended up with another Rosie and a bunch of clad. I did not get everything photographed but I did include a few Relics I found last Saturday. A really nice small brass bell and what I think is another Indian Copper spear head. I still need some experts opinions on the spearhead as it is significantly different then the one I found a couple years back. Silver total reached the 15 mark and it is all dimes. Hoping for a War Nickel or Quarter at some point. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

OxShoeDrew
03-19-2016, 07:43 AM
I hope you get some info on that point WD. I found a conestoga bell myself this week...Love those. :clapping:

Digger_O'Dell
03-19-2016, 08:51 AM
Congrats on the silver! Still looking for my first real bell (old telephone bells don't count!). Congrats on the nice relics, can't wait for if on that spearhead.

giant056
03-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Nice score on the silvers and very cool spear head :thumbsup02:

ewcoinhunter
03-19-2016, 11:48 AM
Nice digs!

groundhog53946
03-20-2016, 02:16 PM
Sweet finds!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Digger_O'Dell
03-20-2016, 02:35 PM
Got out Saturday and got a couple Rosies. Maybe we need to work together! ;)

wisconsin digger
03-20-2016, 06:27 PM
Weird, I said I needed to mix it up a bit with silver and I found a silver nickel yesterday and today. Glad you hit some more silver. and
Your a brave man Chris, I hunted Washington Parl sevreal years back and only lasted a 12 hour or so. Glad to here it is cleaned up a bit. WD

Digger Don
03-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Congrats on the silvers & Buff. That spearhead is a great find.

Fire Fighter 43
03-23-2016, 11:02 AM
Congrats on the silver and other finds. The copper point is the prize of the day. I have a few copper culture relics and they are by far my favorite finds. WTG.