PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Southeast New York!

Donnie B
03-22-2016, 06:24 AM
Hi guys!

My name is Donnie Bailey and I thought I would post a brief summary in the new members area. I am from Virginia but moved to New York a few years ago. I have been a detectorist for over 20 years.

When I first started detecting I lived in an area rich in coal camps and got hooked on finding the old company store money (tokens) known as Scrip. Ten years later I met a friend who loved to find Civil War relics and concentrated on finding relics of that war for the past ten years.

Fast forward to today and I have become obsessed with finding Revolutionary War relics and cellar holes. I am a history nut and a voracious reader. There is so much more history in New England and I love reading about it and, best of all, finding it!

Thanks for accepting me into this forum!

Donnie

chief5709
03-22-2016, 07:10 AM
Hey Donnie, welcome! I'm north of you in the Saratoga area!

Digger_O'Dell
03-22-2016, 07:35 AM
Hello Donnie, welcome from Wisconsin! I love the research part almost as much as the detecting also, but unfortunately not going to find any Revolutionary war items in my neck of the woods-mid 1800s is about it other than some precolumbian indian relics. Good luck and looking forward to seeing some of your finds!

leslie(nova scotia)
03-22-2016, 09:52 AM
Welcome aboard me son. One of the token canucks on the forum wishes you great finds.

del
03-22-2016, 12:18 PM
Well hello "stranger" , nice intro !:thumbsup01: I'm looking toward our hunt in a couple of weeks Donnie , it will great to finally meet you in person . Thanks for joining the forum .

Dan

OxShoeDrew
03-22-2016, 02:59 PM
Seems like you'll fit right in here!:) I look forward to seeing some of your finds, past and future!

Fire Fighter 43
03-23-2016, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the forum Donnie from SE Wisconsin it is good to have you with us. Good luck with the 2016 season.

Skamaniac
03-28-2016, 08:34 AM
Hello and welcome from Washington state near the Oregon border. Hope you find some great items!

aloldstuff
03-30-2016, 05:45 PM
Welcome from western MA. It's funny how a persons location sort of dictates the type of hunting......glad your here and looking forward to seeing your finds.