PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up 2 tone -ferrous sounds-All metal E-Trac

NiagaraCountyNY
08-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Ive recieved a few messages asking how to set this up. This is what I do..Set the Detector to All Metal.U can select this from the menu of pre-set programs or u can jump into quickmask ,open the screen wide open and load it to the main screen. Once this is done Go into the Menu and set the # of tones at 2.Then in the same menu select Ferrous sounds.You are all set! Now the rest of the settings are personal prefrence.I like to Run my volume gain at 30 .Im gonna dig any high tone anyways so I wanna hear the tiny deep targets .Im not worried about being able to tell how deep they are with the sound so I set it to max.Id be glad to make a video on my set-up if anyone New to the E-trac is having trouble.Anyone wants a vid plz let me know.Good Luck...HH

coinnut
08-04-2010, 09:18 AM
I run mine wide open like that, and sometimes alternate with some lines rejected (FE 31-35) when the machine gun fire gets to be too much for me lol It is nice to just worry about 2 tones, high for good targets and low for iron, although theoretically some mixing of targets may drag the FE numbers above 17 and therefore produce a grunt (low tone) on a good target. I read some people have had coins skewed as high as FE24, but I haven't noticed that much skewing here. Thanks for the info on it. If some of you ET users haven't tried 2 tone Ferrous, give it a try, especially in nail infested areas.