PDA

View Full Version : Group hunt with the Digger Duo, hiluxyota, Drew and Del - 3.26

Trooper Bri
03-27-2016, 09:03 PM
I too have been reminded I've been quiet here lately, so I'll start posting up, and get some past digs up too.

Like the title states, got together with Dan for the usual Saturday dig, plus some friends.I'm not going to give away anyone's finds other than mine. I will say this though, mission accomplished. Don, Alec, and Tom walked out of the woods with the 1600's and 1700's in their pockets!
We hit a total of 7 holes if my count is correct. 1 thru 5 had been detected hard, #6 did pretty good, and #7 coughed up a few goodies.

Holes 2 and 3 were close to each other, and near the lip of #3 came my copper for the day. A KGII. The date is rough, but it looks like 1737 maybe. In the field next to this cellar hole I also got a wonderful L C 8 2 rifle casing spill @ 11 inches. Had to have been 15 or 16 of them. I was sure it was going to be a buckle. To the hunter who did that years ago, well played sir....

Spot 4 and 5 were a bust as well, but spot 6 looked good as it had no trails or roads near it. This is where Don, Alec, and Tom joined the Colonial Club.
I managed the lead whizzer toy, thimble, broken tombac, and crusty looking button here. I thought it was tombac initially. If it is, it's a poor alloy and it's not cleaning well and feels rough.
Last hole of the day got me that fancy 2-piece button with an iron back just seconds after ground balancing. I also managed half of a shoe buckle frame and some mystery hinge looking thing IIRC.

It was great to see these guys experience New England cellar hole hunting, and glad I got to meet them. I hope they do well with the permissions while they're up here. Thanks for a fun day Dan!

Full Metal Digger
03-27-2016, 09:29 PM
Great finds and glad you showed our Illinois friends a good time! HH, Dave.

Digger_O'Dell
03-27-2016, 09:33 PM
Nicely done, great finds!

chief5709
03-28-2016, 06:41 AM
What a group to hunt with! Nice finds. I like the whizzer

OxShoeDrew
03-29-2016, 01:39 PM
It was a pleasure seeing you again Brian! You and the IL boys did alright :thumbsup01:
My coil was colder than moonlight on a tombstone :frozen:
Oh well, it was great fun watching all the finds! Congrats!

del
03-29-2016, 02:34 PM
very nice Copper Brian :cheering:I'm glad you got a very decent example !!

It was a pleasure seeing you again Brian! You and the IL boys did alright :thumbsup01:
My coil was colder than moonlight on a tombstone :frozen:
Oh well, it was great fun watching all the finds! Congrats!

Me too Drew , i had a musket ball and a brass furniture tack and that was it !! :girlcry: But i'm very happy to say the boys from Illinois came through with some great old coins and relics . I'm dying to see what Al's half of or "cut" coin is !!

The Rebel
03-29-2016, 03:19 PM
WTG Brian, love the finds.

RIdirtdigger
03-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Great finds, I've had a few things planted on me by previous detectorist but I always ended up finding something good that they missed! Congrats on the cool colonial relics

BTV Digger
04-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Nice finds Bri, and congrats on another KG. Really like the ornate button, definitely a cool find.

John

Digger Don
04-01-2016, 11:02 AM
Great finds and glad you showed our Illinois friends a good time! HH, Dave.

They showed us a GREAT time

Digger Don
04-01-2016, 11:16 AM
Brian, First let me say, it was a privilege to meet and hunt with you finally. We had an awesome time hunting in New England and our dreams were fulfilled when we dug those coppers.

That KG II that you dug looks amazing, as do all your other finds. I don't remember seeing that button. Very Cool!!
I can see how you guys get hooked on those cellar holes. Amazing history buried there.

Now, when I see the posts from you guys, I can really appreciate the work you do to find those sites and dig those awesome finds!

aloldstuff
04-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Another copper....WTG. You are killing it this year with the coppers. :congrats:on all your keepers and I wish I could have met up with the IL boys.

Noah
04-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Pics are where?