PDA

View Full Version : April Fool's hunt

del
04-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Met up with Aloldstuff , Lodge Scent , MangoAve and Trooper Bri for a nice overcast and enjoyable day of field hunting . dug lots of trash , scrap iron but found a couple of nice keepers (besides a few buttons and most of a crotal bell) .

The real treat was to share the field with a great bunch of men and see what they found . we'll do it again gents!!

my best two finds were the large skeleton key and the tiny colonial complete knee buckle .

HH , Dan

aloldstuff
04-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Two great finds Dan. Always love to see skeleton keys, it looks like a big one. That knee buckle is sweet, still looking for my 1st. If you weren't so far away in the field I would have said my goodbyes in person. :congrats:on those keepers.

OxShoeDrew
04-01-2016, 05:30 PM
That's an early buckle... small and square are older than the oval ones, right? Any movement with the pin? I wish I could have gone with you guys today, but work got in the way. Congrats!:thumbsup01:

del
04-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Two great finds Dan. Always love to see skeleton keys, it looks like a big one. That knee buckle is sweet, still looking for my 1st. If you weren't so far away in the field I would have said my goodbyes in person. :congrats:on those keepers.

Thanks , Al thats alright I wouldn't expect you to walk all the way up that field just to say goodbye :grin:

That's an early buckle... small and square are older than the oval ones, right? Any movement with the pin? I wish I could have gone with you guys today, but work got in the way. Congrats!:thumbsup01:

Drew , i did think about you but i figured your work would been in the way . As for the buckle , i'm not sure !:thinkingabout::thinkingabout:

Donnie B
04-01-2016, 08:57 PM
That buckle is nice!

Lodge Scent
04-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Dan it was great to see you again and hunt with an awesome group of fellow AD'ers. That little knee buckle is a beauty!

Digger Don
04-01-2016, 11:09 PM
Great finds Dan. I really like that buckle.
It looks like you guys all had a great time out there.
I'm sorry we missed it.

RIdirtdigger
04-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Great finds! Love the knee buckle

kpmoose
04-02-2016, 06:12 PM
Congrats Dan. Very cool complete buckle and skeleton key. :thumbsup01:

BTV Digger
04-03-2016, 09:15 AM
Two excellent finds Dan. Love the little buckle. Nice to see you had a nice hunt with the guys.

John

The Rebel
04-03-2016, 12:12 PM
Love that Buckle Dan!

Ill Digger
04-03-2016, 08:45 PM
That's a cool key there Dan!:cool: I really like that!
I've only found two nice brass skeleton keys. One just last weekend. They're great! :smitten:
Congrats! :grin:
Wish I could've made it too,but... you know. The commute and all. :rolleyes: :lol:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-05-2016, 08:39 AM
sweet buckle!

MangoAve
04-05-2016, 09:12 AM
It was good to get out with you guys again, Dan. Think of where you found it... I found an escutcheon for a door somewhere near where you said was an orchard/vineyard area. Keep us posted when you clean it up if it moves. I'm hoping that rust blob was just an adjacent iron that kinda melded but will come off.
...Sorry you couldn't make it Drew. Too bad you couldn't do like I did... work's buggin'g me. F it, I ain't going in tomorrow.