PDA

View Full Version : Walker, Barber, Merc

angellionel
08-04-2010, 08:10 PM
I gave the park I hit yesterday another try, though this time I gridded a section near where I found yesterday's silver. I arrived there at about 4:15, and detected until 7:30, which gave me enough time to finish the grid. Initially it was miserable due to the high humidity, but it soon became bearable.

Anyway, detecting in a grid paid off, as I picked up three more silver coins, a 1920 mercury dime, a 1893-S Barber quarter, and a 1944-S Walking Liberty half, my twelfth half dollar this year.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/August/1893Sbarberquarter_080410.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/August/1944Swalker_080410.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/August/silvercoins_080410.jpg

I was hoping for something else other than the obvious to be inside this Merry Widows tin. :rolleyes: It didn't rattle, so I didn't open it.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/August/merrywidowtin_080410.jpg

HH!

randy
08-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Nice digs. I'm curious if those big silvers sound obvious, or are they masked by alot of trash?

coinnut
08-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Nice semi key Barber Quarter there Angel :clapping: Congrats on the big silver too. It must have been an S day :lol: Add some more to that pile :beerbuddy:

angellionel
08-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Nice digs. I'm curious if those big silvers sound obvious, or are they masked by alot of trash?

No, not always obvious at all. There is a definite signal interference from the surface trash when sweeping normally, but once you start to hover over the target with short sweeps the tone and Fe/Co numbers do come to life, locking in on the target with more consistency.

Nice semi key Barber Quarter there Angel :clapping: Congrats on the big silver too. It must have been an S day :lol: Add some more to that pile :beerbuddy:

I needed that one to add to the empty space in my Barber quarter album. :yes: I do love seeing those Barber coins pop out of the ground. :smitten:

rsarge1
08-04-2010, 09:21 PM
wow you sure do have some nice stuff to hunt for over there
wtg
:clapping: :clapping:

RobW
08-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Way to go! I think I might become a convert and buy me a Minelab etrac. Might sleep on the couch for a few nights too....or my car depends on how pissed the wife gets.

NiagaraCountyNY
08-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Nice finds!! Man im driving to your state to hunt! I wish the parks here had that kinda history.Lucky to find one that is over 50 years old around here that hasnt had every coil in the state run thru it :lol:.Great finds! HH

angellionel
08-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Way to go! I think I might become a convert and buy me a Minelab etrac. Might sleep on the couch for a few nights too....or my car depends on how pissed the wife gets.

:lol: :lol:

I do think you would come to love the machine. :yes:

Nice finds!! Man im driving to your state to hunt! I wish the parks here had that kinda history.Lucky to find one that is over 50 years old around here that hasnt had every coil in the state run thru it :lol:.Great finds! HH

Are you kidding? The competition here is fierce.:lol: There are no town commons or parks that have been spared the sight of a detector.:lol: I'm simply working the trashier areas of the parks. :yes: On occasion I will also take drives to NYC to hit some of my old hunting grounds. ;)

RobW
08-05-2010, 02:14 PM
:lol: :lol:

I do think you would come to love the machine. :yes:

Are you kidding? The competition here is fierce.:lol: There are no town commons or parks that have been spared the sight of a detector. lol I'm simply working the trashier areas of the parks. :yes: On occasion I will also take drives to NYC to hit some of my old hunting grounds. ;)

More than my wife?

coinnut
08-05-2010, 03:04 PM
More than my wife?

Don't let her read that :lol: she may replace you with an E Trac ;)

pulltabsteve
08-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Angellionel, Next time you're in NYC, let me know. I'll meet you there. Extemely nice hunt! Gotta love pulling history from the ground. :yahoo:

catskillcomics
08-06-2010, 07:56 PM
All I have to say is :bangshead01: I wish I had your machine :lol:

coinnut
08-06-2010, 08:39 PM

You would first have to surgically remove the cord that is hooked directly to Angel's brain. :lol: How else do you think he hears them deep silver sounds? :confused:

angellionel
08-06-2010, 09:37 PM

You would first have to surgically remove the cord that is hooked directly to Angel's brain. :lol: How else do you think he hears them deep silver sounds? :confused:

My E-Trac and I are one! :cheesysmile: :lol: