PDA

View Full Version : Part 3 of Our Connecticut trip / Park Hunting

Digger Don
04-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Sunday & Monday we hit a park known as the Happy Hunting Grounds. We hit it for a few hours on Easter Sunday in the afternoon, and then again after the rain on Monday afternoon.

Alec Dug: 2 Indians, 2 V nickles, 1 Buff, 1906 Barber Dime, 1 rosie and a skeleton key.

I Dug: 3 Indians, 1 merc, 1910 barber dime and a token.

Tuesday, our last day of detecting, we tried some door knocking. We had no luck. We only got permission for one house where the only coin found was my 4th SLQ of the year.

Wed. morning we started our 15 hour drive home.

Full Metal Digger
04-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Nice haul! I can't believe how many coins are still at the happy hunting ground! Parks in St. Louis just aren't like that. I wonder what the difference is???? Anyway, you guys did awesome. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

giant056
04-03-2016, 07:55 PM
Wow look at all them silvers!!!!!!! great bunch of old coins ya got there :thumbsup02:

Bucknut
04-03-2016, 08:56 PM
You find so many SLQs! Awesome!

Ill Digger
04-03-2016, 09:26 PM
You find so many SLQs! Awesome!
Just wait....it gets worst. :envious:
Nice silver haul guys!
Congrats! :grin:

Full Metal Digger
04-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Just wait....it gets worst. :envious:
Nice silver haul guys!
Congrats! :grin:

You got that right Tim! I think he is just "digging" the same coin over and over! LOL.

MangoAve
04-04-2016, 12:18 PM
Nice. Good you got some luck here at some parks. I've only found one really good park that kinda dried up after two hunts because it's small. Too bad the parks here are pretty much the same as there in IL with nothing too old hiding...within the sight of the machine at least.

Digger_O'Dell
04-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Great bunch of coins and relics too. Makes it worth the drive. Well done!

OxShoeDrew
04-04-2016, 03:06 PM
I never heard of any "Happy Hunting Grounds"...and how does Dave know about this?:shocked01::lol:
....AND, you come here for a few days AND FIND A MARBLE?!!!!??!!!!? WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO FIND A MARBLE?:hairpulling::lol:
...and I've yet to find a SLQ....you've found four this year alone!:envious::notworthy:
I'm happy you folks had a productive vacation and am glad to have met you all!

aloldstuff
04-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Looks like to me the last day went as well as the other days. Huge congrats on all the silvers and all your keepers