PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Snow Hunt.

RIdirtdigger
04-03-2016, 07:23 PM
I Was hoping to head up to the northern part of the state today with Jarrod but Mother Nature had other ideas. So Jarrod and I were forced to hit a few sites in the Southern part of the state. We located 6 sites in all, 1 was filled with shell casings, the next was totally inaccessible, briars everywhere, the third was only partially accessible, I got a Mercury dime spill there, 1937 & 1923. 4th site was a nice old colonial but it was POUNDED! (And filled with shot gun shells). I got two buttons there. 5th site was pounded and the 6th site was trashed. Still in a fun day to be frolicking in the snow. HH

Ill Digger
04-03-2016, 09:06 PM
The day wasn't a bust. Two silvers, although way later than you were hoping for, saves the day every time. :yes:
And you guys and all of those buttons! :shocked01: Man! They're everywhere! The colonist must of had to pull their pants up a lot! :lol:
Congrats on the keepers! :grin:

Digger_O'Dell
04-04-2016, 12:33 AM
Nice set of Mercs and buttons to boot. Very nice!

MangoAve
04-04-2016, 12:21 PM
At least you ended up with some silver. I hope you checked the obvious spot with a lot of traffic which I could see in the first pic.

And you guys and all of those buttons! :shocked01: Man! They're everywhere! The colonist must of had to pull their pants up a lot! :lol:
Yeah.... esp the Dandies.... :rofl:

aloldstuff
04-04-2016, 04:12 PM
At least you ended up with some silver. I hope you checked the obvious spot with a lot of traffic which I could see in the first pic.

I read somewhere that the average clothing outfit had an average of 16 buttons during that time span.

Way to show Mother Nature that a little snow can't stop determination.

RIdirtdigger
04-05-2016, 11:11 AM

Sadly that spot was littered with bullets and shell casings. After digging at least 5 each, all at various depths we moved on. That site had very little iron so I don't think it had much money to begin with.

del
04-07-2016, 12:48 AM
I'll give you credit for being out in that cold wet mess , you boys remind me of a few guys i know ;) !!