PDA

View Full Version : LC or not? Plus my new bowtie

hockeyguy
08-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Back at the local park for another round. :beatdeadhorse: Yup we've all pounded :hammer: it and I've come out of there with my tail between my legs more than once.....guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Well, tonight I did ok. :dontknow: I've come out of here without many a signal at all many times. At least I had 2 good wheaties that could have been silver. There just aren't many parks closeby and I can't always commit an hour or more to drive there and the same back :embarrassed:...that's a special occaision for me. Thus I hunt the same places, over and over again, looking for what others have passed up.

This Canadian penny was sitting next to iron as the pinpoint pulled me away. THe fe/co #'s were inconsistent (coin/iron) but there was a nice sound coupled with the bad (wish the other 10 digs that sounded like this turned out the same way). Even when I pinpointed it said iron. I never expected this to come out. Initially it was dirt covered, so I rubbed the edge a bit and couldn't believe the detail as I knew it was a large copper :grin: (at least in my book;LMK what you think...does it count as a LC or not?) I kept rubbing and ok, I spit on it; there I said it. Then a rub on the old shorts and behold the identity was revealed. Scott found a beautiful ring not 20' from there a few weeks back.

The copper bowtie was an iffy signal that too bounced around. I don't use the smartscreen, I usually stick to the fe/co on the SE. I lost the signal , then it reappeared and out it came. Scott said he too found one of these in the same spot.

Anywho, thanks for listening.

HH

Aaron

angellionel
08-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Wow, she has great details on her. Sweet find! I have done the spit thing too. lol What we will do to raise a date on a copper. :cheesysmile: I like the bowtie. lol

RobW
08-05-2010, 07:08 AM
I think we all spit just trying to see what we got, especially if you pull out a Roosie and it looks older and your heart pumps a bit harder hoping....well except for Angel, a silver Roosie for him is like the rest of us pulling a clad quarter. Nice finds.

NiagaraCountyNY
08-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Man there is some nice detail on that coin!Your site sounds like a few I hunt becuase they are close to home,and I never give up...There is always one last High tone somewhere to dig!!! :) Have you gone over that spot with 2 tone,all metal ,ferrous sounds?This works well for us E-Trac users on sites weve pounded and pounded.I havent had my SE for a year now ,and I cant rember if it has the 2 tone option...But I always used ALL metal /ferrous sounds with my SE with killer results.Im running the E-Trac the same way now except I use the 2 tone option...Anything that isnt Iron Im digging on older sites.The #;s are super acurate on the E-Trac so I Id that way.I cant say I ever used the #'s on the SE..I found the smart screen showed the bounce on deep coins really well...esp Indian heads.They would bounce from almost the top right to the middle of the right side..90% of the time it was an injun.Look forward to your next Hunt.Good luck!

coinnut
08-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Hey Great hunt. What's with the bowties? lol Were they selling them there at one time? Never found one of those, let alone two from the same location. Cool relic. The Canadian large cent is a great find. It's been a couple of years since I found one and although we can't count it in our copper wars lol it still is a large cent. So congrats on your Large copper :beerbuddy:

catskillcomics
08-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Great Hunt Aaron, and like I said, Same park, Same bowtie I found last year...
Let me know if they look the same...

zrickkid
08-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Very cool bowtie. I wonder what it was commemorating? :thinkingabout: