PDA

View Full Version : Back in Illinois / Welcomed home with another SLQ

Digger Don
04-04-2016, 06:26 PM
I got out for a few hour Thursday with Hiluxyota. We found a house that had to be from around 1870. The women gave us a yes, but said her husband may kick us out when he gets home. We hit it kind of fast. I managed to dig an 1895 Indian, a nice little trade token, a Peabody Brace buckle, a Star razor and a dog tag.

The next day, I met up with Il Digger(Tim). The first spot we hit was a grassy area where a farm house once stood. I dug a couple of wheats and a BYPU medalion of some sort. I googled it and found that it stood for " Baptist Young Peoples Union"

The next spot we hit was another 1870s home. We hunted for about an hour and a half. The first find for me was a 1940 Washington. I followed that with another dog tag.
I was about ready to call it quits when Tim said I was nuts for wanting to leave so soon. So, I had a smoke, dropped my sensitivity down a bit and proceeded to cover the same area I had already hunted. Five minutes in, I pull out a 1937 Buff and 15 minutes later, a 1951 Rosie. After digging a few more wheats, I dug a little plated religious medal.

Then I get a screaming 12-47 at 7 inches. I figured it had to be another silver Washington. WRONG, I dig a seven inch plug, flip it over and there sticking out of the bottom of the plug sat a 1925 SLQ. What a surprise!! Number 5 FTY.

I also dug a total of 12 Wheats and NO Clad

Just goes to show what a little tweaking to the machine and slowing down can produce.

Full Metal Digger
04-04-2016, 07:31 PM
SO MANY AWESOME finds Don! I LOVE that 1906 doohickey. Got to be a relic of the month contender for sure. What happened to the SLQ? Don't tell me you're still cutting those tiny plugs! LOL. Congrats my friend on yet another impressive haul of coins. Dave.

Digger Don
04-04-2016, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=DaddyDigger;202504]SO MANY AWESOME finds Don! I LOVE that 1906 doohickey. Got to be a relic of the month contender for sure. What happened to the SLQ? Don't tell me you're still cutting those tiny plugs! LOL. Congrats my friend on yet another impressive haul of coins. Dave.[/QUOTE

Thanks Dave. I can't see that scratch on the coin itself. Check out the vid when I upload it. I don't think the lesche ever touched it. Now me rubbing the dirt off, Well, that's another story. LOL

Ill Digger
04-04-2016, 08:46 PM
I don't know Don. :thinkingabout: I can't decide if I like the token more or the 1906 Baptist Union pin.
Both are great finds in my book!
It was great getting to swing with you again :thumbsup01:
Congrats on the goodies! :grin:

I must of missed that SLQ by just a foot or two! :envious:

Digger_O'Dell
04-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Wow, so many goodies! Well done!

MangoAve
04-05-2016, 06:41 AM
Nice score. Five slq and I haven't gotten 1 yet? Wow. I think the loyalty to Christ pin is the better of the relics altho finding that full single blade razor is kinda surprising.

Bucknut
04-05-2016, 06:41 AM
You and your SLQs! Congrats on all the finds!

ewcoinhunter
04-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Great digs! If you decide to try and use that razor, you may as well put those rabies tags on too...

aloldstuff
04-06-2016, 04:27 PM
Your YTD SLQ's I think total my lifelong SLQ's. Some great finds, especially that 1906 Omaha item.

wisconsin digger
04-09-2016, 07:20 AM
Always appreciate your videos Don, pretty soon I'm heading your way if this white stuff don't stop falling. Last year you pushed for a roll of Indians this year your upping your game to a roll of SLQ's. great finds as usual. WD