PDA

View Full Version : The latest hunts and interesting stuff

Digger_O'Dell
04-07-2016, 08:46 PM
Hi all!
Well, things aren't great at the homefront. Got into an argument with the lady at home and now I'm stating at a cheap motel, locked out of my place while she emptied out my bank account. Well, at least I had my detector and gear in my car. :)
So despite the cold and snow I had plenty of time to get out hunting. First place I tried was an old 1850s church that was also a muster point for civil was troops. The church was moved back when the road was widened, but the area around it including the cemetery to the side was undisturbed. I'm sure it's been pounded before, but I managed to find a very old looking spoon about 10 inches down along with some very old looking pottery shards. It's very thin like sheet metal with no markings, but the coloration and readings make me think it's a nickel copper alloy. Who knows-could be civil war era?
The next stop was an abandoned house that's been up for sale for years, but with the expansion of commercial property all around I'm sure it will be torn down soon like everything else in the area. It was so overgrown it was nearly impossible to swing, but I did get a bicentennial quarter and an old tootsie toy tank truck.
Lastly, I went to a park where I found the silver quarter but didn't find much other than 2 older wheaties- a 1927 and 36. I also found a couple square nails that signalled like a deep quarter, one being the biggest nail I ever dug!
The final insult was at the park where some old lady pulled up next to me at my car and asked if I needed any help. I said no, but she asked what I was doing. I told her metal detecting, and she got huffy and said there was no digging allowed in the park. I asked dd nice when since there is no law against detecting there. She said since forever, and that she was the parks manager and she said so. Then she drove off, and i went detecting as usual. Just gotta love those ignorant people on a power trip!

Full Metal Digger
04-07-2016, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your domestic troubles. Hopefully you were able to relax while you were detecting. Looks like you found quite a few goodies. HH, Dave.

ewcoinhunter
04-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Nice finds, sorry for the home front troubles.

aloldstuff
04-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Hope you can work everything out on the home front. At least you had the presence of mind to grab the detector and gear. :congrats:on your keepers.

groundhog53946
04-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Nice finds Chris ! Sorry to hear about the other things. Hope it works out for whatever is best for you

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

wisconsin digger
04-09-2016, 06:58 AM
Like those old Churches. Have a few on the radar but little time to get permissions. Nice finds WD